C4 Widebody wheel options

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C4 Widebody wheel options

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a widebody C4 and was wondering if there are any limitations with regards to wheel sizes for this car. The only other AWD car that I've owned is a Skyline GT-R but since this is active AWD, choice of wheel sizes is quite important.

To provide further confusion, I've also managed to acquire some NB trailing arms and so I'm looking to fit these at some stage. Is a 8.5-9J (Fr) and a 10.5-11J (Rr) feasible for an AWD C4 ?

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talat,

The 8.5J fronts will be no problem as long as you have offsets around 52-ish. With the narrow bodied trailing arms a 10J rear is easy but you'll need to be carefull with the offsets. I have 10Js on the rear of my wide body conversion (with NB trailing arms) and with ET 50 I need 32mm spacers to come close to looking right. If you stay with the WB trailing arms the 10Js need an offset of around 61 I beleive.

With the C4 it's important that the differential between front and rear rolling radius is no more than 6% - ideally less than that - otherwise it causes problems with the PDAS and ABS. You need to be careful about tyre aspect ratios to ensure you have no problems.

Regards

Dave
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. So you're effectively running an offset of +18 on the rears - presumably this is to fill out the arch. Do you have pics in its current form ?

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this one probably shows off the wheel clearance best.

Regards

Dave
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: C4 Widebody wheel options