Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler 93 RS america For sale.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
FLYNSCOT63
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to know how much they are going for before I decide to sell it. I am up in the air right now I really do enjoy it. Looking for a change got my eye on another P car

Last edited by FLYNSCOT63; 01-22-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
FLYNSCOT63
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ilko
Anthony, early RSA's were built in 92 and have an option code 718 - "next year's model" or something like that. Mine's the same way (17th built, R12 A/C). That's my guess why.
Correct!!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:03 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paging Kevjandon. Need your help with RSA pricing...

To the original poster, my advice would be to hang on to it unless you are in a position where you NEED to sell it right now. Market really seems to be soft right now. I know I wouldn't sell my RSA in the current market unless I had no other choice. But that advice goes for not just RSA's right now, but all P cars.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
kevjandon
Racer

Originally Posted by blake
Or go look at the asking prices on www.rsamerica.net.... Due to economy, prices are dropping - but RSAs still command a premium price point...

-Blake
Yeah put most of those cars there have been on there for 6 months to a year. Only the ones in the high 20's, low 30's have sold.

Originally Posted by dave morris
Amen brother!
Amen again, very funny.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Flagg
Racer

Why are you selling the best car you will ever own

Flagg?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
kevjandon
Racer

[QUOTE=TR6;6206113]Paging Kevjandon. Need your help with RSA pricing...

QUOTE]

My 2 cents. Sounds good with lots of mods but not to the extent of being a dedicated track car. Maint. seems OK so ppi should check out. This car will suffer from 3 issues when it comes to pricing and RSA's.

1) Mods - not a big issue here, but it is an issue
2) mileage - your in the 100K club. Most will just by a C2 and do the RS goodies on the side and save money
3) Timing - couldn't pick a worse time to sell or think about selling. The downer is that folks may get used to these low prices and never pay retail again. At least until 40 years go down the road. As a example, I know a guy who picked up 56 356 Carrara in the early 70's for $3,500 bucks. We all know what they are worth now. He still owns it and it was probably the best investment of his life.

My advice, input and 2 cents: keep it if you can, if not expect to attain the high 20's. I'd list it for 35K and work my way down every other week until it is sold.

Good luck.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6

To the original poster, my advice would be to hang on to it unless you are in a position where you NEED to sell it right now. Market really seems to be soft right now. I know I wouldn't sell my RSA in the current market unless I had no other choice. But that advice goes for not just RSA's right now, but all P cars.
+1.

The problem with the Fear Economy right now is that everyone believes that those who are selling anything today are doing so because they have a problem and need to dump assets, etc. Those who routinely want to change toys because they want to try a different car, or whatever, will only receive ridiculously low offers. You will likely end up wasting A LOT of time with people who have looked at multiple cars but never make a purchase. The end result is that many people who might normally be selling in order to move on to something different are holding their cars from the market.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevjandon
Yeah put most of those cars there have been on there for 6 months to a year. Only the ones in the high 20's, low 30's have sold.
Show proof of your words.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've offered my 136K'er for significantly less $$ than what's being thrown around here, and no one has ponied up. And yes, this was 6-12 months ago. (Further, remember I bought it cheap, so I'll sell it cheap.)

If you need to sell, be realistic. If you don't, and you're just looking to change something, be careful what you wish for. Mine is totally redundant at this point, given the yellow car is 3, 4, 10X better, and the likelihood of me building another club racer is about zero.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 PM
FLYNSCOT63
Intermediate

Everyone thanks for the info and advise. I have someone looking at it on Saturday I will go from there.This is not my everyday car, and No I really do not have to sell it but I have my eye on something else. Lets see what happens!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

[QUOTE=kevjandon;6206836]
Originally Posted by TR6

QUOTE]

As a example, I know a guy who picked up 56 356 Carrara in the early 70's for $3,500 bucks. We all know what they are worth now. He still owns it and it was probably the best investment of his life.

My advice, input and 2 cents: keep it if you can, if not expect to attain the high 20's. I'd list it for 35K and work my way down every other week until it is sold.

Good luck.
Even if you didnt sell the high in the market any money in a blue chip did better over that period. I know thats not what the topic was about but.

I have seen plenty of RSA's for sale in the 40's they're not going anywhere. If you're really a seller its going to be in the low 30's at best IMHO.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
mada1
Racer

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=420912
Old 01-23-2009, 06:49 PM
kevjandon
Racer

Originally Posted by N51
Show proof of your words.
This pelican add is my point exactly.

In July he was at 43.5K FIRM

Now he is desperate at 35K

He'll be lucky to get an offer over 29K

For more proof, click here:

http://www.rsamerica.net/market/archives/index.htm

This is an archive that is a little hard to find on RSA.net and hasn't been updated since for 8 months but look at the cars and advertised prices. Lots of high 20's and low 30's. If you go here:

http://www.rsamerica.net/market/vehicles/index.htm

Almost every car listed has been there since last summer. Only the best ones and/or the cheap ones have sold.

RSA's and 993's have commanded serious premiums over the last 5 years. The market for these cars is in correction mode. Porsche didn't help things by building a truck load of 996's and 997's and flooding the market either.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevjandon
This pelican add is my point exactly.

In July he was at 43.5K FIRM

Now he is desperate at 35K

He'll be lucky to get an offer over 29K

For more proof, click here:

http://www.rsamerica.net/market/archives/index.htm

This is an archive that is a little hard to find on RSA.net and hasn't been updated since for 8 months but look at the cars and advertised prices. Lots of high 20's and low 30's. If you go here:

http://www.rsamerica.net/market/vehicles/index.htm

Almost every car listed has been there since last summer. Only the best ones and/or the cheap ones have sold.

RSA's and 993's have commanded serious premiums over the last 5 years. The market for these cars is in correction mode. Porsche didn't help things by building a truck load of 996's and 997's and flooding the market either.
So your many year search for your RSA is soon over. :-) Right.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 PM
kevjandon
Racer

Originally Posted by N51
So your many year search for your RSA is soon over. :-) Right.

I wish

WTB-1994 RSA-No Red or Black. Low miles and LSD only.

Sadly, this car just doesn't exist. Oddly, I saw a few 1994's in that archive list that I don't recall ever seeing for sale, but I must have missed them as I liked 2 or 3.

Quick Reply: Feeler 93 RS america For sale.