Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a police car... cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find police porsches very interesting, and very odd. Even if these were "stripper" 911s (i.e. no leather or power windows etc), they must have cost a lot of money. With CB radios, the whole fleet wouldn't need to be able to hit 162 mph (in the case of the 964s). Why would they go through the expense? Why not just get stripper sedans like mercedes etc which would have probably been 40% of the price and offer more room with decent performance? Maybe the porsches were a little cheaper in Germany, but in the Netherlands they must have had the normal export markup (i.e. no discount like the German government probably received)

Here in the US the only interesting police cars in the past 20 years (outside of the undercover cars maybe used after being seized from drug dealers) were the 5.0 mustangs and camaros....and of course BMW donated an M5 in south carolina or one of the southern states (if I recall correctly, the state was offered an M5 and declined since wasn't a US car, but a couple of years later there was a factory opened in the US and the offer still stood and they accepted the M5- this was back in the mid-1990s if I remember correctly).

Any more pictures?
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Uber 911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew, In Holland, much like Germany there are lots of dead flat, dead straight freeways. I guess the 'bill' need quick cars. Although as we can see here some European Police are little more flamboyant in their choice...

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/15/b...c8-police-car/

Quick Reply: a police car... cabriolet?