Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless Dent Removal---has anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM
PorscheCarrera964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paintless Dent Removal---has anyone?

So, everyone saw that I bought a boxer pup for christmas, low and behold he HATES riding in my car bc of the fabspeed straight pipes, so the exhaust will be going back on soon ha. Long story short, I pulled into my car port, and while trying to sit him on the ground, my door continued to open itself onto a corner of a square column leaving a small ding---but since it happened an hour ago, I cant stop thinking about it, most probably wouldnt notice, but IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!

Has anyone used Paintless Dent Removal on their car before? If so please let me know how it went, if it removed it back to "new" again, or if it just "made it less noticeable"------I was quoted $90 for them to come to me, and take it out/buff the spot/etc.

Thanks guys (its about a 1 inch dent.)
Old 12-26-2008, 05:01 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Yea well worth it, a neighbor was chucking a baseball for his dog and bounced it off my truck, left about a 2 inch dent. about $90 bucks and it was all gone, can't even tell. The key is they need to be able to get to the back of the area to spoon it out, and they can't do anything about cracked or scratched paint, that you have to touch up or rub out, whatever the case may be.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had it done to mine about a year and a half ago. The wound I went there for was made by a small flying asphalt chunk towards the leading edge of the hood. He got the ding out, then I later touched up the chip. This guy went around the whole car and did about 6 dings, most so slight I didn't ever notice they were there until he pointed them out. He even reworked and area on the door that he called a "previous amateur job". He did the whole job for $250. I was very pleased.

This guy was great. He has been doing it for about 15 years. To find someone, I posted on the regional board of Pelican and got recommendations. I would recommend you do that in your area, or contact folks in your local Porsche club. They will know who's good. Also try the local Porsche or M-B dealer, when they find someone good they stick with him. As long as the ding is in an area that can be reached from behind, they can work it. If there's no paint loss, you probably will see no traces of it afterward.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

I have had several cars done over the years and it is well worth it and very cheap when compared to the expense of sending a car off to the body shop.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

+1 - Have used it twice. Have been happy with both repairs. Note: Each time, the vendor asked if they could drill hole for better access to the dents, each time I said no. They have been able to repair without the holes.

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:08 PM
PorscheCarrera964
Pro

Thanks guys, I made an appt, for monday----they are charging $90 and say no need to remove the door panel as well, I will let you know how it goes adn post up before and after pics
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 PM
hans2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes the process can scratch window glass. Perhaps have blue painter's tape on hand to mitigate any minor scratches.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had it done alot...
...really works and is great, even had the guy bend fender lips in before.
Like magic
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
PorscheCarrera964
Pro

I just rinsed off the car, and will take a few updated pictures shortly with the new wheels to post up for you guys, I will get a picture of the ding and show it then as well

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal---has anyone?