FS 1990 Porsche 1964

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 1990 Porsche 1964

Porsche 1990 964

With regret, I’m putting my 964 up for sale. I have owned this car almost 5 years. It lived in California all its life before I bought it and shipped it to New Hampshire. There is NO rust on this car at all. The care has 96K miles on it.

Engine

Rebuilt at 64K, I have the receipts for over $8k for this work. Clutch was replaced this summer. It’s a good and strong power unit. Oil has been replaced every 5K with synthetic and a new filter. Plugs, wires, distributor belt, distributor caps were replaced when the clutch was replaced.

Drivetrain

Everything works! Every now and again the buzzer will go off, I think the servo locks need to be bled as it resets itself.

Exterior

Black paintwork. The bodywork is in good condition, there are a few paint blemishes and scrathes and there is a small dent in the roof. The front spoiler will need a paint job soon, there are stone chips etc. The front fog lights are MA Shaw with brake scoops that will need to be painted.

Headlamps were ungraded to HIF h4 units. There is no high beam, not required as the HIDs are excellent. All lights have been covered with smoke covered film. It’s easy to remove if you don’t like the look. I replaced the pop-up spoiler with a fiberglass RSA unit. The front spoiler is a three piece unit. Door mirrors are teardrop upgrades. New windscreen fitted in August.

The passenger side lower sill has a clip that won’t hold the sill in place, but I have a replacement clip, just haven’t done the job yet. I also have the new rubber seals as well.

Brakes

Big reds in the front, 965 red calipers on the rear. Both front and rear have new rotors. Front brakes have stainless hoses.

Suspension

Koni’s with coil over’s. Lowered. New shock mounts were replaced last spring.

Exhaust

Fabspeed cat bypass with Fabspeed rear muffler box with dual tailpipes. New O2 sensor was fitted with the cat bypass. Sounds great.

Wheels and Tyres

18” Turbo twists, painted black, 15mm spacers on the rear. No rubbing. Tyres are Bridegstone Potenza 265 rear 225 front. Good tread left. The passenger side rear wheel has a nick in it, thanks to a chuck of tarmac that came loose of a traffic circle. It is not noticeable, but is there.

Interior

The seats are leather Recaro pole positions on B & K mounts. I have Scholf 5/6 points belts and a B and K guide bar. The belts are mounted using factory points front and read, thee can removed if you want to go back to traditional belts. I have the old seats if you want to revert to those as well.

The carpet was replaced with RS heavy duty pile. The door panels have been replaced with RS type door panels with red pulls.

The radio has been replaced with a Sony head unit that is hooked up to two amps, one to drive the door and shelf speakers and one to drive the sub woofers behind the seats. The radio has XM radio and iPod hook up with a harmon kardon iPlay unit. All speakers have been replaced.

The centre console unit has been coloured silver with the hand brake unit below. All the dash ***** and switches have been upgraded with stainless covers. Gear **** is a RUF unit on a short shifter.

The bulbs in the gauges are blue tinted to match the Sony head unit. Pedals are rennline with rubber bumps, the floor mats are rennline both sides.

I have a hook up for a radar detector as well as the front laser jammers. There is a hook up to add a Garmin GPS unit, the antenna is mounted on the rear parcel shelf.

Steering wheel is a flat MOMO unit with push horns on each spoke. The interior needs nothing and is good to go.

I have the original seats, which are still in good condition. I have the rear undertray. I also have a roof rack as well.
I’m asking $17.5K, in this economy this is a very good price. If you are looking for a 964, in very good condition, then look no further. This was going to be my DE car, but alas, never got around the driving it that much.

Inspections welcome.

I have more photos, or will be happy to take specific photos, just ask and I’ll be happy to send them over. I have given an honest assessment of the car. It will be 20 years old next but still is in great shape.

I will put the 964 up on eBay in a few weeks, but wanted to circulate here first.

Cheers

Mark
Attached Images   
Old 11-27-2008, 01:36 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Very nice car and one hell of a price. It sure will sell quick and if my 996 were sold, I'd seriously look into your car.

Good luck for the sale and future projects.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Great deal by the sounds of it- best of luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Wow! Someone will get themselves a very nice car. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 294 Likes on 191 Posts

PM sent..
Old 11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Default Replies to some questions about the 1990 964

It is a C4.

The engine work was a full rebuild by European motorsports in Vista CA. I have the receipts for over $8.5K. Work was done in late 00, approx 30K miles ago.

The clutch was done by Chris at Peerless Motors in Acton MA in the summer. I spent over $3k on all that.

I won't part it out!

I'm firm on price, there maybe haggle room but that will be what I throw in as spare parts. I have described it as as best I can.

I have a lot of parts in the garage that I will throw in. New "SMILE" grill, the old seats, and a bunch of interior items.

I only drive it in the summer here in NH and it spends 4 months of the year in the garage, where it is now.

if you have any questions just e-mail me at mark.talbot@mac.com
Old 11-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Damn, sorry to see you sell it. I have a '91 with 96k that was thinking of selling at $20k. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:35 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Sorry to see you go. This is a great deal of a car!
Old 11-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Oracle
Pro

A suggestion here.. take pictures with a sunny background... Nobody like to see the potential purchase on snowy roads (think of salt, deicer crap, etc.)
Anyway good luck. That is a nice car.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Road trip!!!

Dwane
Old 11-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Southampton76
Racer

More questions...

I'm not looking to trade.

No, it hasn't seen a track! I was planning to run some DE's next year.

I do have the old seats if you want to switch them back in. I don't have the old seat belts.

The rear seats were in a bad way when I bought it. So I took them out and replaced the rear with a RS style deep plush carpet from Appbiz.

Cheers

Mark
Old 11-28-2008, 02:05 PM
chet_964c2
Advanced

What a beauty......
Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow thats a lot of car for the money
Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 AM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

pm sent

Last edited by H964; 12-02-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Wish I had the spare cash for this car... wow, very nice!!

Quick Reply: FS 1990 Porsche 1964