Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Open Campaigns" - What does this mean?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Open Campaigns" - What does this mean?

There's another thread discussing the Certificate of Authenticity and reading that made me go back to a sheet of paper my local dealer faxed through to me. It's the information they had in their system concerning my car's VIN number and it includes paint codes, leather colours etc but across the top it says "There are open campaigns for this vehicle" and further down it lists the following campaigns:

AL07
AR02
WM02
WM03
WM04

There is also another starting with A but the rest of the code is unclear after coming through the fax. Does anyone have any idea what they refer to? Are they TSB related or something? I will give them a call on Monday and ask but I just wondered if anyone here happened to know in the meantime?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

The open campaigns may be items from Porsche TSB's that have not been corrected on your car.

I would call and get the details of the campaign info from the dealer. There are alternate ways of getting this info on the internet but most charge a fee.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

My next question would be if they are open TSB's is it still the dealers responsibility to correct them even after all this time?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:54 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
My next question would be if they are open TSB's is it still the dealers responsibility to correct them even after all this time?
The answer to your question is "maybe". Certain recall campaigns have an expiration from the time they are issued so it would be prudent to ask that question.

Here is a discussionon on some 964 related TSB's

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=recall
Old 10-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Thanks Stephen. Will give the dealer a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Got a call from the dealership yesterday to confirm that it looks like my car has 4 open recall campaigns. At this stage they do not have the details of what they are but they did ask if I wanted to book my car in to get them sorted so it looks like they are prepared to do the work even after all this time which was a nice surprise.

Will update when I know a bit more.

Quick Reply: "Open Campaigns" - What does this mean?