buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default buzzing noise

hmm
have not run a the car for about a month. when I put it away it was running fantastic.
Started car today and as soon as I started to reverse out of garage hurd a loud kind of buzzing. From the rear

Turned off, had a look around nothing obvious. started again seemed to rise with revs but then stopped doing that.

Took it for a slow drive no more rising and falling with revs but got louder when turning left!

after a few minutes I assume when car warmed up noise went and didnt come back all day.

Left car to cool for a few hours just went out and started it and it was back for a few seconds.

A wild guess due it happening more when turning left was power steeing pump maybe? instinc tells me alternator but belts lookee ok and it had a refurbed unit on there not long ago.

I realise this is a bit usless for diagnostics from you guys but do you have any ideas?

Cheers
Old 09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Could be your BLOWER MOTOR, the one in the engine compartment, disconnect it and see if the noise is still there. The plug is on the lower left side of the fan motor.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.

It did turn out to be the power steering pump.
even though I thought it could be that I didnt think to check the resevoir doh!

My mechanic found a leak in the Hi pressure power steering pump tube when on full lock while he was doing a service and fitting susspension.

Will probably attempt it myself. would rather my mech did it but hes too far away to justify driving over there for a small job.

Quick Reply: buzzing noise