Exhaust leak or normal

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust leak or normal

I added some air to my passenger side rear this morning. The car was running when I did this. When I removed the air hose I felt pulsating air coming from between the spokes of my wheel. You could not feel it on top of the tire or anywhere around the outer edge of the rubber. Only the inner part of the rim.

I have no sound of exhaust leak at idle or at WOT. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are air ducts that outlet hot air from the engine cooling system in front/top of the rear wheels. When my car is hot I can feel hot air (at the passenger rear it would be at the 2 o'clock position). If your engine was at operating temp, that was likely it.

If we could get them to create clouds like on your avatar, that would be something....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:39 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
There are air ducts that outlet hot air from the engine cooling system in front/top of the rear wheels. When my car is hot I can feel hot air (at the passenger rear it would be at the 2 o'clock position). If your engine was at operating temp, that was likely it.

If we could get them to create clouds like on your avatar, that would be something....
Thanks. It was not at operating temp as I had just started it.

The aircraft pic is real and not photoshopped. Right temp and humidity and they would all do that.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's normal, especially when the car heater is set to provide cold air, as the system then diverts the warmed air drawn in via the engine cooling fan out via the vents by the rear wheels.

Quick Reply: Exhaust leak or normal