Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 06:10 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll put a positive vote in for the Sumitomo !
No handling issues

Yes, see the 993 board - many people with many miles on them on both the street and some track, and see a Rennlist member from Tire Rack who has input.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 AM
Oracle
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my Bridgestones w/ Sumitomo HTR-Z?? and I really like the tires! They're very cheap and have lasted much more than expected. Not as sticky as the other tires but very competitive when they're fully warmed up.
So I give a-OK to Sumitomos (bought them from tirerack)
Old 08-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Yokohama's Advan Sport (Sumitomos not available here) can't say about life because they are new but handling is great in circuit activity
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
junkart
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure on sumitomo. but i'm running tires in the same price bracket; Toyo RA1 for 17" street rims and on track 18's i'm running R888! loving both of them. the R888s are rated DOT R compound (same w/ PS cup) so expect them to go out quickly. but If you set your suspension geometry correctly (track specific), they'll wear out evenly.

my $0.02
Old 09-29-2008, 12:22 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

I had the HTR ZIII's (205/50/17 & 255/40/17) put on a few weeks ago and finally got to put about 150 miles on them this last weekend. I replaced a well worn set of P-Zero's and that is what Im comparing them to. My P-Zero's lasted 22k miles and wore evenly so Im not very hard on tires. I could have gone another 2k-5k miles but replacement was required due to melting and cording the P-Zero's during an AutoX on a rough surface course.

The HTR ZIII's are much quieter. I noticed that all tramlining is gone and the car tracks straight on our crappy Calif freeways. The P-Zero's had terrible tramlining. On some twisty mountain roads I felt the tires were very good with smooth and predictable steering response, although they felt less crisp on hard cornering. Having a C4 with the usual understeer I felt there was less understeer on hard cornering. Since I dont know when these tires will break free (and they are very new) I did not push them too hard. No noise during cornering (neither did the P-Zero's) and I did not see any rollover onto the sidewalls upon inspection.

The HTR ZIII's feel smooth and comfortable but thats mostly due to having new tires.

For the price I like these tires very much (HTR ZIII $430 vs P-Zero's $1200). I plan on getting a second set of rims/tires geared for AutoX so the HTR ZIII's will never see AutoX. I will post an update once I get more miles on the tires.

Quick Reply: Is this possible?