Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Help, Help we are stranded on Vacation in Oregon & need Advice\Assistance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:29 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jamie, I PM'd my phone number. Feel free to call if you need help talking you through any of it. My best piece of advice is to go ahead and order/buy the little fan on the back when you get the alternator. Also aquire the updated screws that replace the stud and nuts that hold the fan on. Both very cheap. If your fan doesn't turn very, very, easily and without noise (belt off) then get the bearing too. Expensive, like $200+
Old 07-24-2008, 09:03 PM
jsham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

deep_uv,
Thanks you so much for the help, reply soon at shop now
Old 07-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

JSHAM,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just returned an alternator to Sunset that I ended up not needing. It's probably the one you got luckily enough. It sounds like you found a shop, but if you end up doing it yourself I may be able to buzz down there and help you out.

Let me know!

Josh
Old 07-25-2008, 02:22 AM
jsham
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we got back on the road & I would like to thank all the people on the list that jumped into action for us in our time of need! All of you know how to make someone feel that there is still a lot of good out there, I new there still was...
I have a suggestion on something that I'm willing to help put together that we have for the BMW Motorcycle crowed, that is a book called "Anonymous". This book is a BMW travelers best friend, it has peoples numbers that are willing to help a fellow rider in their time of need, whether it's for a part, a hand fixing their bike, come and get them with a trailer, a garage to use, a bed, or just a guide to show someone around town.
As the books title explains, you have complete control as to what your willing to offer.
I thought this would be great for all of our fellow Porsche drivers to carry in there car while thier traveling, just in case something like this happens to them.
Please give me some feed back.... There will be nominal cost's in getting this thing completed & I think all of us would be willing to spend the $20 bucks for a tool like this, if there was one?????
Again, Thanks for all the help and offers from Kevin, Deep_UV, etc. it was great knowing all of you had our back in our time of need.
Cheers,
Jamie & Heather Shambarger
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool story and a good community here. I'm glad you are back on the road.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would also support a web version of this.. I book is super handy, but perhaps we can support something more Web 2.0 as well?
Twitter group? Google Maps with an attached group (shows locations/directions to people on the list) etc.

contact me and we can get it going. thomascbennett(at)gmail(d0t)com
Old 07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in for a "help list", printed, web version, whatever. I have particiapted in others, including the 356 Registry, etc.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is 'Shambarger' your real name? If so, that is one of the most unusual name I have seen in the Western World. I am actually not making fun, but am reasonably interested in names and their origins.....but I can't even imagine what that could be for yours...do you have any idea????

Glad you got back on the road!

Quick Reply: Help, Help, Help we are stranded on Vacation in Oregon & need Advice\Assistance!!!