Sponsored by:

Retractable Spoiler Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 419 Posts
Default Retractable Spoiler Help

Folks, I currently have a fixed, aftermarket wing on my car from a previous owner. I want to return to the OEM retractable wing and need assistance with connecting the wiring harness. I tried search and couldn't come up with any info.

The two round connectors on both ends are no brainers, but the two wires with blade connectors are a little confusing. One appears to be a ground (brown) and the other is red/black. Whomever installed the fixed wing must have cut some wires because I cannot determine where to connect these wires. Can someone take a couple photos of their engine bay and demonstrate where these wires connect (on both ends of the harness)? Much appreciated.

Also, how do you remove the retractable spoiler from the actual deck? Does it need to be deployed first? Where are the mounting points? The retractable spoiler I purchased came mounted to a deck and I want to remove it and install it on the deck that is currently on my car. Thanks in advance. Jim
Old 07-20-2008, 04:06 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's a pic from the shop manuals. It is all they provide for removal and installation of the spoiler.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Retractable Spoiler Help