Sponsored by:

Scantool Climate Control Errors

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
f468357
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scantool Climate Control Errors

I have a questions regarding a few climate control errors. I originally had a 15=Rear fan temperature sensor that I ordered a new part and replaced and that cured that error. Then I started to get the following:
41=Condenser blower motor
43=Rear blower motor speed 1
I can clear the codes and they will sooner or later return. I searched and can not find a definate fix. I tested my condenser fan by removing the relay and jumping the fan and it works on both speeds. I also tested the rear fan and it seems to be working correctly. I know there are some codes that should just be ignored. Are these the codes? Any help is appreciated.
Dave
Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you test your blower using the scantool? The electric motor might work when jumped out, it it doesn't work due to a faulty CCU.

Run scantool again , test outputs for the climate control, specifically activate the following:

11 A/C condenser fan slow
12 A/C fast
13 Oil cooler fan speed low
14 Oil cooler fan speed high
15 stage 1 of rear blower (slow)
16 stage 2 rear blower (fast)

If these test all right, then review the TSB.

Now a member has TSB's in PDF on his website, but I can't find the link. There is a list of error codes and fixes. I'll get back w/ the URL, I was just there a few days ago.....
Old 07-07-2008, 09:34 PM
f468357
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mojorizing
Did you test your blower using the scantool? The electric motor might work when jumped out, it it doesn't work due to a faulty CCU.

Run scantool again , test outputs for the climate control, specifically activate the following:

11 A/C condenser fan slow
12 A/C fast
13 Oil cooler fan speed low
14 Oil cooler fan speed high
15 stage 1 of rear blower (slow)
16 stage 2 rear blower (fast)

If these test all right, then review the TSB.

Now a member has TSB's in PDF on his website, but I can't find the link. There is a list of error codes and fixes. I'll get back w/ the URL, I was just there a few days ago.....
For some reason I can not test outputs with the scantool for the climate control. I can test the Motronics. I have read throgh the service manual on the diagnostics and I can not understand why the testing does not work. I have a '89 C4 and I thought maybe it just doesn't work for my year. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default try this

Try swapping the wires on the sensor attached to the blower. I did, and my codes cleared for #43.

Quick Reply: Scantool Climate Control Errors