Sponsored by:

Rear tail light removal and rubber seal replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Nader Fotouhi
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rear tail light removal and rubber seal replacement

I did a search before, but did not see anything. It is very obvious that water seeps into the left (driver) side tail light when washing the car. It looks like the rubber seal need to be replaced. Is the single screw on the side of the light the only thing that hold the tail light? Does replacing the rubber seal around the light require any special tools or skills?

TIA
Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Pingo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rubber seal has nothing to do with water seeping into the tail light. The tail light is a sealed unit and the rubber seal is only used between the tail light and the body. My guess is that the lens has come loose (or may have cracked) from the rest of the tail light housing.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Is the single screw on the side of the light the only thing that hold the tail light? TIA
Yes. Remove that side screw and the light pivots out & away from the center light.

FWIW, And behind the driver's side tail light, in it's alcove, you may find an engine bay emergency hood release lanyard.
Some cars came with it. For instance, mine didn't, so I made one. It's similar to your front hood's emergency release.

Quick Reply: Rear tail light removal and rubber seal replacement