Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday folley again

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:40 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spent yesterday watching amateur racers at the Porsche club GB championship round at Oulton Park. Class 1 was won by a 964 C2

And there were some heavily modded mothers in the Open class

Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Uh, any idea how he can see past the windshield visor since he sits so high up??

Marc

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Spent yesterday watching amateur racers at the Porsche club GB championship round at Oulton Park. Class 1 was won by a 964 C2

And there were some heavily modded mothers in the Open class

Old 04-20-2008, 04:12 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally finding time to work on the SC. The soon to retire from track duty 964 is fully sorted and quietly waiting for it's next track weekend in 2 weeks. So I'm making some progress on the brake system overhaul and other stuff on the SC. Finished replacing the Master Cylinder and replaced all the lid shocks front and rear (got rid of my sticks). Also, removed some old amps attached to the smuggler's box door and the gobs of wiring that go with them and prior stereos, I assume. Still waiting on parts to replace the rubber brake lines with stainless, install rebuild kits for each caliper, new pads and then a fresh bleed. Hopefully next weekend.
Attached Images       
Old 04-20-2008, 05:04 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
This is taking my weekends and afternoons...

Concept:

Progress so far:

and this is what makes it all worth it... Daniel is learning how to use the tools, making sure everyone is helping... and he has the rules already written down... he will be doing the sign with the name of the club house this weekend (learning to use the saw)...

Glad to see that you have your priorities straight. My sons are grown up. (well, do they ever grow up? I has still not grown up, but that's another story.) I miss that time. I have a new grandson, just waiting to be taught the finer things.

Seeing that picture with the hammer.... Has he learned how to swear? One of life's essentials.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm off to Germany for the week. 90% Work, however. It was cool to see LOTS of 911's all over Dusseldorf today. No 964's yet, but several 993's and even several pre-964's. Oh, and the beer....
As soon as I get back next week, I have to work on repairing paint chips in the hood, and putting the original radio back in. The detailer shows up on the next Monday, and then the car goes off to Warner Brothers for the month for filming. (more on this story later....)
Old 04-20-2008, 05:55 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost finished with the engine and looking forward to putting it back in the car soon. Maybe in a week or two.
It is killing me to have this warm weather and the car is still in pieces.
Just trying to stick around the house this week, so I can get the rest of the bits sorted... brakes and suspension.

Quick Reply: Friday folley again