Sponsored by:

Custom Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:23 AM
lunchboxbill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Stickers

I'm off to Le Mans in June and those in our convoy want some stickers for the outside of the cars for the weekend.

We want a customised design that one of the lads is currently working on.

Does anybody have any recommendations as to where we could get them printed up??

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:46 AM
t-shark
Advanced

More important: will it harm your paint?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
madmoog
Racer

or make you too obvious and more of a target for plod
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
ScottR
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t-shark
More important: will it harm your paint?
Indeed - that's the one I'd be most worried about.

And be careful even if they are the magnet type ones - I used one of those magnetic GB badges on my VW split screen camper because I didn't want a sticker ruining the paint - and over the two weeks it was on there it lifted the paint slightly and has left a permanent "foot print".
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 415 Posts

Vinyl graphics will not harm paint if removed carefully. However, if left on for prolonged periods, the paint will fade or darken, and you'll see the "shadow" of the sticker. Takes several weeks of being in the sun.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

why not get soem vinyls on the rear screen, no issue there? Apart from that as I am in france I may also be going to le mans this year and I live between calais and le mans, so what route had you planned?

Cheers
Steve
Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 AM
lunchboxbill
Instructor

Holographics seem quite good after a bit of reading on the web, but you can't beat recommendations.

I might end up putting it on the rear window, maybe on the engline lid, not made my mind up yet. I don’t think a vinyl sticker on over a weekend should do any lasting damage (I hope!)

Originally Posted by biglicks
why not get soem vinyls on the rear screen, no issue there? Apart from that as I am in france I may also be going to le mans this year and I live between calais and le mans, so what route had you planned?

Cheers
Steve
steve - no idea yet which route we are taking. we will arrive in Calais early thursday afternoon - do you have any recommendations?

last year we arrived in calais on early friday afternoon and hit a bit of trafric in Rouens, whicch i'd like to try and avoid this year.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
OllieW
Advanced

I've supplied a load of graphics to the 964RS guys on the PCGB forum over the years and none of us have had a problem with the sun bleaching the paint and leaving a trace outline of the graphic.

Can you send over what you are looking for as a JPEG and I will put a cost to it for you.

Cheers

Ollie
Old 04-23-2008, 10:44 AM
lunchboxbill
Instructor

Originally Posted by OllieW
I've supplied a load of graphics to the 964RS guys on the PCGB forum over the years and none of us have had a problem with the sun bleaching the paint and leaving a trace outline of the graphic.

Can you send over what you are looking for as a JPEG and I will put a cost to it for you.

Cheers

Ollie
nice one Ollie, as soon as my mate finishes the design i'll send you a copy over
Old 04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Low 964
Pro

biglicks where are you in Normandy? I got family there...Go there a lot.

By the way my speed yellow GT3 was covered in stickers for Le Mans last year, I got pulled for speeding, and the woman pc asked if I was going to the race!!!!!!!................NO, what race!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

its tough to miss Rouen unless you detour a fair bit, and as it's the only route i use to head to calais can't recommend any other.

Low964 live near Pacy Sur Eure, or 9 miles from Vernon. if you are down ths way gve me a shout.

Steve
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Our group always bypass Rouen by heading south-east and driving through various twisty turny country roads. We stop for a fantastic lunch in the village square at Lyon De Foret and rejoin the main road south of Rouen. We've done this for about 6 years - the traffic in Rouen isn't fun, but the long tunnel down the hill is.

I'll post more details if you are interested.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Low 964
Pro

My family are in Villedieu, towards Avranches from you, my brother is over there he has a 968. I took my GT3 over there for Lemans last year then back for 10 days later in the summer, My wife and son were happy at my parents (also there), so I had 10 days of blasting the country lanes on my own...brill

Alas GT3 gone to pay for house stamp' so will be over in the 964 this year.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

i'm going to have to be a bit more alert for the cars that pass my way, last year there was a whole group of ferraris passed through the village on the way to le mans. i didn't have my turbo then otherwse i'd have bated them for a laugh. (excuse the typng etquette my keyboard is on its way out, new QWERTY arriving Monday!!

Steve
Old 04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
biglicks
Burning Brakes

ps rich is right the tunnel at rouen s a blast.

Quick Reply: Custom Stickers