Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hans57
Rob,

I am nowhere close to that draw, thankfully. I have a battery maintainer that came with the car but now I wonder if it really is working, or my less than two year old battery is bad.
Did you look around at other maintainers before you got the Porsche one? It looks very nicely constructed, but it is about double the price on others that do not have the Porsche logo on it. Do you just plug it in the lighter socket?
Did I consider other maintainers? Yes. I got my first one when my local P-car dealer was giving away a maintainer if you had an annual service done. I like it so much I bought a second one. Are other brands just a good? Probably but I don't have any first hand experience.

Yes, they just plug into the lighter socket. I park the cars with the windows down inside the garage and run the maintainer wire through the open window. Some of the other maintainers require you to click directly to the battery. I find the lighter socket much more convenient.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Tinwan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery drain

The current drain was tested and the earth strap was the biggest source of drain. There are many parts of the 964's electical system that stay LIVE when the car is OFF. If you have an OEM earth strap, might be a chance its OK or maybe not. Also check for bad Alarm and after market sound systems installs that can also be the problem.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:10 PM
hans57
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tinwan,
So the ground strap was not conducting ground good enough? What did yours look like? Do you know how I can disconnect power to the alarm to see how much it is drawing it down?

Quick Reply: '91 964 C2 cab battery drain