Sponsored by:

Paper Door Jamb Bar code decals

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paper Door Jamb Bar code decals

I did a search and could not find any pictures of the location of the paper bar code decals from the passenger side door jamb. Mine is missing and I would like to reproduce some.

Could any one post a pic and size for me.

Thanks

I can make you a set if yours are in poor condition.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by pete000
I did a search and could not find any pictures of the location of the paper bar code decals from the passenger side door jamb. Mine is missing and I would like to reproduce some.

Could any one post a pic and size for me.

Thanks

I can make you a set if yours are in poor condition.

Is this what you are looking for. I don't have the size off hand. It is also not just paper but appears to be plastic coated or all plastic.
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2008, 10:32 PM
pete000
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there one in the passenger door area? thats where mine was.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 597 Likes on 459 Posts

Here you go Pete:

(PS Anthony - how come you block the VIN number? I've always wondered why people block the VIN or license plates since they're exposed when you're driving around, no?)

Last edited by garrett376; 04-14-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default paper decal

i have one in my passanger door jamb, it is definatle just paper and the bar code is still there faintly.

i think this is some type of tracking number for the assembly line, i dont know just a guess.

anyone know for sure?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett376
Here you go Pete:

(PS Anthony - how come you block the VIN number? I've always wondered why people block the VIN or license plates since they're exposed when you're driving around, no?)
Just a habit. It is easily found but why advertise?

Actually if these are what he is looking for they were only on the 94's. there is a TSB about these.

Apparently it was a US requirement for any car or manufacturer that has a model that did not come with an automatic activated alarm when the doors are locked. Since the Speedster did not have this as standard all 94's had to have these.

here are some of the locations they are on different body panels. If you replace these parts there is a different tag in a different location that does not have a vin number. This is one way of telling if these panels have been repainted or replaced.

There should also be one on each of the rear bumper sections. The center section is located directly behind the license plate the other 2 are on the areas that slide behind the center section.

The long one on the passenger side is a bar code and i have no idea why it is there. Mine does not show in the pictures but is visible in person.
Attached Images        

Quick Reply: Paper Door Jamb Bar code decals