Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8 pin IDN adapter to 4 rca

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008 | 08:14 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default 8 pin IDN adapter to 4 rca

those of you that would like to use the factory blaupunk amp under the seat along with an aftermarket radio that has front and rear rca outputs can purchase this from Continental Imports for 25.60 total shipped to your door.

alot of you think that the factory amp is crap but i assure you you will be surprised at it porformance with a new quality radio, plenty of volume.

some say that the newer headunits put out 45 per channel buy thats peak and realistically its really 14 per channel. the blaupunk puts ot more. i think its better to have the external amp than the internal from the radio, less heat and wear on the head unit and i think it sound better.

anyways i thought i would point it out. oh one thing the rca are marked for left and right side but not front and back. i used the schematic on their web site to figure it out, not hard just need a voltmeter.

Old 02-07-2008 | 08:16 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default DIN part number

the part number is 3415
Old 02-07-2008 | 09:47 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the heads up on the cable. I wish I had known about it before installing my new head unit a few months ago. I still have the orig amp, though, and may consider re-installing it, based on your experience. I admit that I have been a bit disappointed in the sound from my new unit (Sony) direct wired to the speakers. I ran speaker cables to the area under the passenger seat and used adapters from Crutchfield to plun into the original speaker wires, replacing the amp.
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:13 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

With this set up, how is the amp switched on? I would assume that it is switched on via the original din connection cable from the head unit.
Old 02-08-2008 | 05:40 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default here is connector

it has the amp trigger built in ,blue wire.. gold terminals
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2008 | 08:02 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

I can vouch for the fact that it works great.
Old 02-08-2008 | 03:29 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dutchcrunch
those of you that would like to use the factory blaupunk amp under the seat along with an aftermarket radio that has front and rear rca outputs can purchase this from Continental Imports for 25.60 total shipped to your door.

alot of you think that the factory amp is crap but i assure you you will be surprised at it porformance with a new quality radio, plenty of volume.

some say that the newer headunits put out 45 per channel buy thats peak and realistically its really 14 per channel. the blaupunk puts ot more. i think its better to have the external amp than the internal from the radio, less heat and wear on the head unit and i think it sound better.

anyways i thought i would point it out. oh one thing the rca are marked for left and right side but not front and back. i used the schematic on their web site to figure it out, not hard just need a voltmeter.

Does all headunits installed in 964/965 utilize the external amp mentioned above? I have been thinking about changing out the radio to add bluetooth capability. It would be nice to tackle the job myself rather than to have a rookie at an electronics chain store use my car for practice.

Quick Reply: 8 pin IDN adapter to 4 rca