Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kelly Blue Book and NADA values....good indicators or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Azikara
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look up the RS America in Kelly/NADA, and then go look at the marketplace on "www.rsamerica.net".
RS America's are over-valued on that site. How do I know? Well, how about some straight talk? When selling my RSA I was 'encouraged' to inflate my price in order to post there. I did not relent and put a very aggressive price out there of $29.5k and sold it for that price. The car was a very nice black 93 RS America that I bought from a dealer friend for high 20s. It had 70k on the clock and was a very solid car. Not perfect but a great driver and had some nice things like Koni adjustable shocks and H&R springs, lightweight flywheel, fabspeed muffler etc. I wanted to sell it because I had found a race car and this one was going to cost too much to prep (did not have LSD). Wanted a quick sale at what I thought was market value. So I put it on that website for $29.5k firm. I think emotional buyers will buy one in the 40s but savvy buyers will wait for the right opportunity. The C2 is a better all around value in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Kelly Blue Book and NADA values....good indicators or not?