Sponsored by:

g2x Data Logger

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:58 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Default g2x Data Logger

Guys,
I'm trying to help out a friend who has just installed a g2x into his C2. We had a go at calibrating it last weekend, which seemed fairly straighforward, but we just can't seem to get it to work right. The problem seems to be with the RPM reading, so we're wondering if there is something wrong with the way we have patched into the tach to get the readings.

If anyone on here has any experience of this can you tell me where you were taking the RPM reading from - any pictures would be a big help.

The other possibility is that the MoTeC is somehow interfering with the reading, but otherwise we're out of ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in anticipation .............

Jamie
Old 01-18-2008 | 01:09 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

there was a thread recently about a shift indicator light and, if I recall, there was a lot of discussion of where to pick up the tach...

I think this is it: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/346745-shift-lights-installation.html
Old 01-18-2008 | 02:18 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

this won't help, but mine used a pinout on the OBDII socket.
Old 01-18-2008 | 09:13 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

I have a G2X in my cup. Everything worked first time I hooked it up. I patched into a wire in the back of the tach, which i seem to remember being black w/purple stripe (don't quote me on that tho).
Old 01-19-2008 | 07:35 AM
Jamie Summers
Racer

Thanks guys, I've done a search on all of the forums on here, and it seems there are lots of possibilities to try - pin 6 on the tach, pin 9 on the OBD or a wire straight to the coil. We're going to have another look at it this afternoon. I'll let you know how we get on ...........

Jamie

Quick Reply: g2x Data Logger