Sponsored by:

Gemballa Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM
jneteler
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gemballa Suspension

I finally tracked down the suspension type under my 91 C4. It's a Gemballa set up less than two years old. The ride height is low. (Sorry I don't have the numbers.) I am running 17 inch wheels with 205's in the front and 245's in the back.

According to the local Gemballa shop that did the installation for the PO, it is adjustable. It was unclear whether he was referring only to ride height or also stiffness.

Although, I may occasionally track the car, it definitely should be set up for street use. My problem is that the car doesn't do well on bumpy roads. Smooth roads are an absolute joy but when the conditions deteriorate it tends to bottom out a bit too often.

What is the best way of reducing the bottoming out? Should the ride height be increased slightly or should the stiffness be increased.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

JNeteler
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM
jneteler
Racer

Here's a photo showing the ride height.

JNeteler
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

I have Gemballa on mine. I bought them 2nd hand (almost new) so know very little about how much they cost or whether gemballa still supply for our older cars?
The rear was too low and would catch when driving over speed humps, no matter how slow. I had the rear raised slightly (2cm) and my problem solved and no handling difference. Mine are coilovers with adjustment for height only, don't know if yours are the same. I have used it on the track and it is great, but I'm not a serious trackie, mainly fast road. Everyone says how good this set-up feels.

btw, they are Bilstein inserts and I believe replaceable when necessary.

Quick Reply: Gemballa Suspension