Sponsored by:

Bizarre Problem???? Clicking sound at 2,400 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Colorado964turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 175 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Bizarre Problem???? Clicking sound at 2,400 RPM

(I posted this in the 964T forum as well, but thought the electrical systems might be similar enough)

OK folks, this one has me stumped.

At 2,400 RPM up until right before 3,000 rpm, I have a loud clicking sound coming from under the dash to the left (I think, its tough to trouble shoot the exact location moving). It doesn't matter if I am moving, or sitting stopped and revving it. It literally just starts clicking away right at 2,400 rpm and stops when I get over 3,000 rpm.

I've looked under the dash and there appear to be a couple of relays down there, along with the big silver control box that monitors all of the electrical signals and what not. I've looked through the Porsche 911 Enthusuast's Companion and can't really find anything that would be causing the sound.

Have any of you run into this problem in the past?

I know there are some relays under the seat and the turbo control unit. Could something assosciated with that be causing the problem? I am thinking it has to be engine speed related, since I only hear at it, yep I'll say it one more time 2,400 rpm.

Hopefully this is easy to diagnoze and I am just overlooking something.

Thanks guys / gals (although I think most women are in the OT and 944 forums, smile).

Bill

Quick Reply: Bizarre Problem???? Clicking sound at 2,400 RPM