Sponsored by:

RS America Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
purviance
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS America Rims

This is my first time posting a thread so here it goes. I am looking to get larger rims and tires for my RSA which is only used for track work (DE's and Club Racing). My goal is to go to 18" rims and put 245/35's up front and 285/30's in the rear. I was told I could pull this off with an 18X8 52mm offset rim up front and an 18X9.5 47mm offset rim in the rear. I do have "big reds" up front which I was told would have to be factored in when doing this. My fenders are already rolled. I plan on getting BBS LM rims. Also was told I could get them built by getting some used pieces, the center portion would have to be new from BBS however. Does anyone have any experiece putting this set up on an RSA? Will these sizes work without modifying anything on the car? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Rob
Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

First of all I wouldn't go with LM for track. LMs are the street version and getting parts for them from BBS is not easy. I ended up buying a 5th wheel for thst matter. There are lighter, stronger and cheaper wheels out there.

As for widths, you can do 18 X 10 in the rear with an offset of 45. Do a search and you'll find plenty. You'll have to flatten you're oil line a little bit more.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:55 PM
purviance
4th Gear

Thanks. Which BBS rims are considered best for track work? Or what rims should I look at that are best for track work?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Well if you want to stick with BBS, there's always the RE model which is a 1 piece forge wheel. You also have the Volk TE37 or the CCW C14. John at CCW knows porsche and just on Rennlist, we must have at least 50 members using them. All 3 models are in the low 20s lbs each. If you want 3 pieces wheels, again CCW as a reasonably cheap model called "classic" which looks like a BBS. Moving up the ladder in price, you have Forgeline, Kodiak, jongbloed, fikse and BBS motorsport.

All brands have an internet site but you can also check tirerack for BBS RE and Volk TE37.

Good luck!!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

for track wheels we tend to go with semi-disposable wheels since they get really beat up out there and once you buy one set your already looking for another to mount rains on, a second set of slicks, etc, etc.
i would go with the CCW just because you can get them in 10" custom offsets, you will have to use a spacer (if i recall corectly) with the RE.
they are quiality forged wheels what are priced right for the track. (about 2400/set of 4 vs. 6000/set of bbs motorsport wheels)

Quick Reply: RS America Rims