Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area - Technician, Mechanic, Race shop guy? Looking for help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008 | 10:05 PM
racerboy
Advanced

Default SF Bay Area - Technician, Mechanic, Race shop guy? Looking for help.

Hi guys. Haven't been on the board in a while but my 91 C4 is going to need some work and I thought I'd stop by. The car has 103K on it and will need things over the next several thousand miles including brakes, valve adj, maybe clutch, etc.

I would like to find someone here in the bay area who is either a P-car tech or maybe works with a racing team (so many Pcar race shops around here!) or is a racer himself who would help work on my car.

I used to live in CT and have a bunch of the proper tools and space to work on cars there but can't really do that here. I would like to pay someone who has expereince with 911's to help me with some of the services my car needs but we will need to use most of your space and tools. I enjoy working on cars but don't really have the opportunity here. I hate hate hate having to take my car to super pricey shop when I know I can do as good of a job (if not better) and learn something at the same time.

Anybody out there interested? I am not looking for someone to work on my car for free. I will pay (commisurate with experience) for your knowledge, help and space. Thanks, Ryan
Old 01-08-2008 | 01:18 AM
racerboy
Advanced

No one huh?
Old 01-08-2008 | 03:06 AM
Lord_Galva
Burning Brakes

There is a guy Tom Amon, and he has a mobile Porsche service business.
Mobile Works West (408) 429-0545.
He charges half what my shop guy charges me, but he doesn't work on water cooled cars.
Old 01-08-2008 | 03:05 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Lord_Galva , racerboy is looking for a place where he can work on his own car , Tom Amon does not do that .

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area - Technician, Mechanic, Race shop guy? Looking for help.