Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Writing a SOP for DYNO testing engine Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

" The programming on the RS chip is some of the worst programming I've seen for the 964. What do you mean "specific ECU"? I have had the RS fuel and timing maps installed into a stock ECU and the ECU will produce the same amount of power as an RS ECU and have dyno sheet to support that test. "

Without arguing , I dont understand this comment . The RS chip is a 964 file reassembled , probably to try and confuse those that try to recalibrate the RS DME chip !
When you understand the maps etc ,the RS file has the same map types as the 964, just the arrangement is diferent and the RS has small map differences .

The 964 runs std on 95 RON , the RS needs 98 RON . The possibility of knock is highest around maximum torque and becomes less at higher rpm .
There are maps that faced with increasing air temp etc will retard the ignition timing , alter fuelling . Those maps and others can remove detonation probability when the motor gets a little hot !!

Dont forget that all this has been around for nearly 20 years !!!!

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !
Old 01-05-2008, 08:22 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff,

You're a too infrequent visitor here! Thanks for all your past and present appearances and your most civil tone. I continue to learn.

Best,

Originally Posted by Red rooster
" The programming on the RS chip is some of the worst programming I've seen for the 964. What do you mean "specific ECU"? I have had the RS fuel and timing maps installed into a stock ECU and the ECU will produce the same amount of power as an RS ECU and have dyno sheet to support that test. "

Without arguing , I dont understand this comment . The RS chip is a 964 file reassembled , probably to try and confuse those that try to recalibrate the RS DME chip !
When you understand the maps etc ,the RS file has the same map types as the 964, just the arrangement is diferent and the RS has small map differences .

The 964 runs std on 95 RON , the RS needs 98 RON . The possibility of knock is highest around maximum torque and becomes less at higher rpm .
There are maps that faced with increasing air temp etc will retard the ignition timing , alter fuelling . Those maps and others can remove detonation probability when the motor gets a little hot !!

Dont forget that all this has been around for nearly 20 years !!!!

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !

Quick Reply: Writing a SOP for DYNO testing engine Mods