930 Slant Nose Value/Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 930 Slant Nose Value/Pricing

Recently found an '87 930 Turbo Slant Nose for sale. I don't have much experience with the older 911 other than my last '96 993. In order to make an informed decision to buy does anyone have an idea of value and what to look for during a PPI? Looks to be a solid car with 55K miles.

The car has been decribed as a "dealer option/installed" steel slant nose conversion. It does not have the 055 code which I believe is the Factory built slant nose. As a part of learning more about such P-Cars is there a signficant difference in performace, options, etc between the Factory vs Dealer installed slant nose? Bear in mind it may sound like a inane question to some but I a much more familiar with the 993 and 996.

Thanks for your response and Happy Holidays,
Old 12-24-2007, 09:19 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no idea on valuation but do not, by any means go off of stock factory slants. true collectors arent going to pay a bit less for an aftermarket slant. they'll just pass on your car. yet, if you just love the looks, and the car checks out a to z, then sure. but i hitnk collectibility and resale on cars like that must be part of the equation.

Originally Posted by Malibusteve
Recently found an '87 930 Turbo Slant Nose for sale. I don't have much experience with the older 911 other than my last '96 993. In order to make an informed decision to buy does anyone have an idea of value and what to look for during a PPI? Looks to be a solid car with 55K miles.

The car has been decribed as a "dealer option/installed" steel slant nose conversion. It does not have the 055 code which I believe is the Factory built slant nose. As a part of learning more about such P-Cars is there a signficant difference in performace, options, etc between the Factory vs Dealer installed slant nose? Bear in mind it may sound like a inane question to some but I a much more familiar with the 993 and 996.

Thanks for your response and Happy Holidays,

Quick Reply: 930 Slant Nose Value/Pricing