Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone bought a car using Luxury Car Network?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Nat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone bought a car using Luxury Car Network?

How was your experience using this brokerage network?

http://www.porscheclassified.com/

http://www.luxcarnet.com/aboutUs.aspx
Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Nat,

I tried to deal with them back in early '04. The experience was interesting.
From my POV, they have some nice cars locked in a vault, by virtue of unrealistice pricing. While I do not know if it is their standard practice, or the wishes of the particular owner in my case, but I was not allowed to communicate with the owner. Their pricing is inflated. Very inflated to exact a premium for their services, which I found to be less than knowledgeable.

In my opinion, you're much better off to work with an individual seller. The transparency will allow both parties to come away from a deal, with good will.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 PM
cwrm4
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Agreed. I too tried to deal with them on a 964 that looked like the right one. The price wasn't too far out of line, but they completely refused to answer any specific questions I had about the car.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

From what I understand having called them on several cars, they are a consignor. They don't have any of those cars but have the ability to contact the people actually selling them. I gave up because the guy (Mike ?) would never call me back. I do know someone who bought a car through them so it is possible.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Nat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris M.
From what I understand having called them on several cars, they are a consignor. They don't have any of those cars but have the ability to contact the people actually selling them. I gave up because the guy (Mike ?) would never call me back. I do know someone who bought a car through them so it is possible.
You know someone personally, not just "the neighbor of a friend of a guy I know?" The company is legit then?

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought a car using Luxury Car Network?