Sponsored by:

Yet another ABS/PDAS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:39 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yet another ABS/PDAS thread...

My PDAS/ABS lights are literally driving me insane!
BUT, I think I may have found the culprit. Having read a thread on voltage leak from the high voltage ignition system I did a thorough cleaning of all the high voltage wire connections and a check of caps and rotors - everything seems to be quite good as far as electrical corrosion and such. However, I still had a problem with the ABS lights coming on.

(I've also cleaned / replaced all the relays, sensors and connections associated with the ABS to no avail).

Next thought - maybe a bad coil or ignition module so I disconnected each ignition module and test drove it. SUCCESS! When I disconnected the primary ignition module and ran on just the secondary, no more ABS lights! So thought process says bad coil or ignition module on primary system.
But being as thorough (colleagues refer to it as being **** retentive) as I am I decided to try the connector for the primary ignition module on the secondary module/coil. Bad news - ABS lights came on within 30 seconds of driving. BUT... When I connected the secondary connector to the primary module no lights!

thus the primary ignition module connector or something in the connector wiring is bad.

Problem with this is that the connector is regular voltage (which shouldn't seem to affect ABS lights?) and from perusing the wiring diagrams I can't find a crossover between it and the ABS wiring anywhere (it grounds in the engine bay and connects to the DME whereas the ABS is all in the front boot). On the wiring diagram excerpt attached pins 3 and 5 connect to the DME; 4 goes to a box labelled "2"; T15 is a 6 pin connector under the front left seat; and everything else is in the picture.

At this point I am open to any and all suggestions!
(or I can just drive the car on one distributor)

Last edited by frankvan; 10-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Frank,

I've recently replaced my coils. I believe that only one was bad. I'd be happy to send them to you; or, at least, the good one.

Might be worth a try.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the offer Dave!

I don't think it's the coil as neither coil produced the ABS error when connected to the secondary's connector. Time permitting I'm going to see if I can check the wiring in the primary module harness. It might just be a bad connection to the module's connector somewhere causing the error???

Frank

Quick Reply: Yet another ABS/PDAS thread...