Sponsored by:

Solved... ABS/Interlock/! warning light alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:02 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Solved... ABS/Interlock/! warning light alarm

This afternoon I solved the problem, at last. I pulled the forward longitudinal accelerometer and disassembled it. That was a surprise as it is not constructed the same as the lateral unit.

This accelerometer appears to be sealed and my guess is there is some sort of floating magnetic sensor that is dampened some way in the captive housing. Nonetheless, with no apparent mechanical widget to clean or adjust, I simply reassembled it and installed back in the car. Took it out for a test and whaddya know, no more warning lights or alarm. Drove it 75 miles over 4 sets of railroad tracks and numerous red lights and parking lots in the city. No warning lights.

Perhaps the act of removing and replacing the wire connector "cleaned" what looked like very clean pins to begin with. So, I'm not sure what cured it, but it was definitely related to the forward, longitudinal accelerometer.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. After working through the complex ABS and Interlock system, I learned a lot about the systems, their behavior and quircks.

Thanks again!

Lynn
Old 11-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Scamper
Instructor

Hi Lynn,

Thats good news!!

I thought mine was cured on saturday (after a session on the dyno) the lights did not appear all day.

Sunday morning was another story.......after a five mile run, I parked up idling and the lights, gong returned....

So another week spent it the garage trying "stuff"...

Ade
Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
amr89c4
Pro

Though I can feel the disappointment, hang in there. I was wondering if I would ever get to the root cause and still wonder if it was a "stuck" long accelerometer or a connection issue. I remain in the test drive mode for a while I think.

Good luck with finding the source of the problem, soon.

Quick Reply: Solved... ABS/Interlock/! warning light alarm