Sponsored by:

Wishbone Replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
jamesallum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strega(UK)
From start to finish it took about an hour to replace the bushes in the arms, I did have to get the rubber inserts pushed out on a press first however, then it it was a matter of hacksawing through the outer part of the bush, cleaning up then fitting the bushes.

Jota engineering down near me are going to be doing arms on an exchange basis soon I believe.
This sounds interesting. Would you have Jota engineering's contact details? I can find them via google.

Cheers
J
Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Dave,

The major reason I got the Poly bushes done was once I realised that a new wishbone had large, front rubber bushes with softening void holes.
That made it difficult to know how soft those front bushes are and the amount of horizontal movement with load . Using a large pry bar on the wishbone
front end a kind of displacement measure can be made .

If you lower the car front ,the rubber bushes take on a distorting twist !
All in all ,the standard bush arrangement in the front wishbones looked poor .

Each to his own but on technical grounds I would never replace the front wishbones with std units .

I will shut up now .

Geoff
----------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200,the oldest 964 on Rennlist,unless you know differently !
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamesallum
This sounds interesting. Would you have Jota engineering's contact details? I can find them via google.

Cheers
J
Jota engineering's number is 01293 775550
Old 11-03-2007, 02:27 PM
polar964
Racer

Thanks for the replies and advice. Phoned Chris at Centergravity yesterday and had a good chat. He sounds a top guy and certainly knows what he's talking about. It was a real pleasure to speak with him and more so as he passionate about Porsche. Anyway i have given him details of what i want and he will get back to me with options and a quote.
Despite having reservations about replacing the wishbone bushes before, i may well go down that route now, having spoken to Chris. Ever since i bought the 964 the intention was to change the shocks lower the ride height slightly. He is also keen to let me don on my overalls and muck in, for me that is great. Getting the job done and having a lesson in one from the expert, fantastic. I'll let you know how i get on. Cheers
Old 11-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I will shut up now ."
Shut up about shutting up !

Quick Reply: Wishbone Replacement!