Selling my 93 964 C2

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
BongoBradley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Selling my 93 964 C2

1993 964 for Sale

I have reluctantly decided to part with my 93 C2. If only my drum set fit inside a little more easily!

Black Exterior, Black Interior
42,800 miles currently

Adaptive Sport Seats, Full power on Driver's seat, heated mirrors, 5 speed manual, 17 inch cup wheels

It's been a great daily driver for me... no problems in the year and a half I've had it.
Recent work includes: new front brake rotors, new struts on front hood and rear deck lid, replaced drain plugs under front bonnet, Replaced non-functional original CD player with a Panasonic CD player and Radio, (still have the original), A/C system was recharged last summer, Fuel Injectors were cleaned and rebuilt, 35,000 mile tuneup when I first bought it, and I had the oil changed in last month.
I have a Porsche Certificate of Authenticity and repair records for above work.

Title is clean - I am the 4th owner.
Pictures can be seen here: http://picasaweb.google.com/chodosir...21993964Photos

I'm asking $25,000 OBO.

Send me email or give me a call if you have questions...
(I've sent a few personal messages to folks on the forum too... the OBO offer goes to you guys as well. )

chodosirvine@gmail.com or 206.399.7211.
Thanks, Brad Chodos-Irvine
Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 PM
ebenke
Intermediate

Very Nice, good luck with the sell.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 AM
mshobe
Advanced

Wow, that looks like an absolute beauty. Hope you find a great home for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
YYC930
Three Wheelin'

That sounds too cheap if the mileage is accurate and it has no accidents.

Last edited by YYC930; 10-25-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts

Any history of accidents, repaints, or rust? Do you have any documentation from the previous owners? Thanks, Scott
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
draperjojo
Intermediate

Default not so fast

sell the drums and pick up the piccolo or the guitar. Chicks dig piccolo players, and there is no set up time, just sound check.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:02 AM
BongoBradley
Advanced

Hey all ...
I bought the car from a private party in Portland, Oregon (I live in Seattle) with vague assurances it had not been in any accidents... but that the door had maybe been side swiped on the passenger side by the previous owner but he wasn't sure. My brother test drove the car, inspected it, and pronounced it pristine. He thought it was in great shape - and not to worry. (He drives a Mercedes -what does he know). I said I was interested but would base the decision on a PPI and if anything was screwy - I'd back out. The PPI I had done by Sunset Motors in Portland was glowing... not a problem to be found. They told me there was nothing to worry about - the car appeared to have been well cared for, it drove great, looked great, felt solid, etc.
So - after getting it home to Seattle I was stoked. It was beautfiul. It did drive great. I got the thumbs up from a good friend who has rebuilt 3 older Porsches. But then I had it tuned at a local shop and they discovered the front fender had been repaired as well. So angry phone calls were made - but what could I do about it really... Gerber Motorsports here in Seattle checked the car thoroughly and the car is straight and drives great. I was really pissed for a month or two but I've gotten over it.

I've driven it just about every day since I bought it - and have had no problems (well, I did have the fuel injectors cleaned, and the front brakes worked on). It always starts, drives great, and has not ever let me down. The heater works, the AC works, the sunroof opens and closes, the spoiler goes up and down, the power seats work fine, the mirrors adjust -- everything works. It goes like a bat out of hell and looks brand new. Compared to the questions and complaints I read on this board daily, I have had it pretty good with this car.

Repair records were promised from the PO - but I gave up asking. Basically the guy was an a-hole and not the type who would join PCA and Rennlist...

I don't want to hem and haw about all of this... the car has a slightly unknown past but has proven to be a good ride. It has low miles, the engine is strong and it is in beautiful condition. If the price seems unreasonable and you are interested in making a lower offer, let me know. I felt like I was misled when I bought it - and would not do that to the great community here. But it is still a very nice car and is in great shape.

I also am learning the guitar... so if I can just get good enough maybe I can sell my drums instead.
To tell you truth... now that I am thinking about selling it - I question myself every day as I drive it to work. What am I doing!

Cheers guys, Brad

Last edited by BongoBradley; 10-24-2007 at 03:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-24-2007, 12:11 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm curious about the certificate of authenticity: it says "adaptive sport seats" but your pictures show standard, not sport seats. Adaptive sport seats are a term used in current model Porsches. Also, "19" Carrera S wheels"? Again, an item that might be found on current model Porsches. I think your CoA got screwed up somehow. The only thing that really is material is the sport seats claim, though, since that would be a rare, value adding option if you had them.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
BongoBradley
Advanced

I don't know about the sport seats... the COA facts have been a subject of debate in other threads here. Maybe they don't have old info at Porsche and insert the current names for the old ones?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:36 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BongoBradley
I don't want to hem and haw about all of this... the car has a slightly unknown past but has proven to be a good ride. It has low miles, the engine is strong and it is in beautiful condition. If the price seems unreasonable and you are interested in making a lower offer, let me know. I felt like I was misled when I bought it - and would not do that to the great community here. But it is still a very nice car and is in great shape.
Do you have leakdown numbers, Brad? If you do and the numbers are in the 2-3% range, I'd probably say your asking price is definitely on the low side when you consider mileage, condition, recent history and highly desirable color combination.

Good luck and be patient. You'll get your price!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts

Good luck and be patient. You'll get your price!
+1
Old 10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
mada1
Racer

I met the guy that was selling that car in Portland...indeed a true tool.

The car is quite a looker though!
Good luck, I'm sure it will sell soon.
Check us out if you are ever in Portland
Old 10-25-2007, 03:27 PM
BongoBradley
Advanced

I think I do have leakdown numbers or at least compression numbers from my last tune up... I'll have to check!
Old 11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
BongoBradley
Advanced

Hey folks --
So the offers at my original price have not been great - given the car's unknown past, what is a fair asking price?
Again - the PPI generally looks good - but does show, as I stated previously - that the car was hit in the front right fender -- but it drives and stops straight.
The PPI I just had done didn't include a leakdown test (the guy didn't want it) so I'll look up the old numbers from the last tune-up.

Just curious what others may have done in a similar situation...

Thanks, Brad
Old 11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Price sounds reasonable to me but what do I know I drive a TIP and a water pumper
good luck on the sale

Quick Reply: Selling my 93 964 C2