Sponsored by:

How much smoke can you make?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 PM
elliottc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much smoke can you make?

I cleaned my intake and put it all back together again thanks to many of you in the forum! Thank you!.... it was absolutely soaked in very old oil from the prior owner. It was an experiece I could easily repeat now.

My issue now is that after putting it back together I started it up and BILLOWS OF WHITE SMOKE FOR 5 minutes straight. The billows were larger than the house. It idled fine and reved fine but the smoke was outrageous. I let it run for about 10 minutes as it started to disappear.... but the check engine light went on. Thoughts?

I started it this morning and no smoke but check engine light is still on.

Also which way should the ISV arrow point? the (metal item on top of the intake) I see several posts that say "back"... Does this mean back of the car or towards the back of the engine bay....

Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Chimera
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The arrow should point to the rear of the car.

Doc
Old 10-01-2007, 06:31 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long did the car sit during the work & was the rearend raised? Mine did the same thing recently when it was down for a few weeks & the rear was in the air for a clutch job. Oil seeps past the rings into the combustion side & voila', smoke. It can happen if the car has been sitting level for awhile as well. You should be fine but you may have fouled your O2 sensor with oil during the smoke fest.

Quick Reply: How much smoke can you make?