Sponsored by:

Cashmere Carpet Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cashmere Carpet Kits

I have been doing some interior work on my car and I continue to be bugged by how tired looking my carpet is. I see many kits around, such as at Appbiz, that are black. My interior, however, is cashmere. I would like to do the work myself but have been unable to find a kit in cashmere. Has anyone seen a cashmere kit?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
greenjt
Racer

Appbiz used to do a cashmere-like kit. They sent me swatches. The color was different and i never really came to grips with the difference in materials so didn't pursue it. You can buy a sliverknit kit from world upholstery. It's the original material but i think it runs circa $700.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
drisin80
Instructor

hi-- i replaced mine in cashmere almost three years ago. i purchased mine from world upholstery. i had mine installed by a local trim shop with a pretty good reputation. i have a couple of thoughts on the process. first of all, the original material when you get it seems a little flimsy. world upholstery cuts all of the pieces, puts in backing where is called for like the oem pieces, sews in all of the leather trim pieces where needed, etc. i think that altogether there are around 20 different pieces included in a complete upholstery kit. i replaced everything, including the door pocket material, and all of the trim pieces around the rear of the car (i have a c4 cab). i think that altogether, the carpet kit cost around 800+ dollars 3 years ago. the job requires removing all of the seats, removing door panels if you are doing them (removing speakers etc.) ,removing console --- basically dismantling the interior. it is not undoable by the amatuer--- just time consuming, and requiring a little knowlege on the dismantling of some of the interior parts of the car. i just didn't feel like doing it. as for the quality of the material-- at least in my case--- the match of the material was perfect. if you have looked at the cashmere color-- it is a little odd in that nothing else seems to match it. the match was so good that t he new material almost matched perfectly even the old pieces where you would expect a lot of fading. in retrospect had i known of the closeness of the match, i would probably not have replaced everything---but only the pieces that i needed. if i were you i would call world upholstery and get a sample from them to compare to yours, and then make a decisiong as to what you may need/want to replace. i found them very helpful and prompt. any other questions please ask. i have been very happy with the results-- the material does not look very tough-- but seems to wear very well.------------lol----tom
Old 09-24-2007, 02:31 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

I just emailed Appbiz to see if they could make me a custom kit from domestic materials. I'll post back what I find out.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Tom, thanks for the reply. I will also call World Upholstery. It the match was good I could get away without a complete replacement kit. That might get the price down to where I could bear it! Thanks for the recommendation.

Quick Reply: Cashmere Carpet Kits