how to remove accelerometers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:14 PM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove accelerometers

I need to try to clean my accelerometers...but cannot remember how to remove them. I've opened the small access panel on the starboard side of the car....but I can only see the side of the part.

do I need to remove the whole center console? I've tried to search for this and looked in Adrian's book, but couldnt find my answer.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:32 PM
gfunk
Pro

No, you just need to remove the access panel. It is a little awkward to get at the screws but you can reach then from the panel. A little mirror might be useful. I forget how many screws/nuts there are but I am certain you can reach them all from the access panel.

Greg
Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 AM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've removed the most visible screw from the foreward most accelerometer, but when I try to remove it, the accelerometer seems to pivot around a point that I'm not able to see, like it is mounted with a second screw.

Any additional thoughts?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:03 PM
gfunk
Pro

Have a look at post #22 in the following thread https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/107285-pdas-light.html.

Some of the screws will not be visible and you will need to feel them. I recall using a phillips hex bit and a small ratchet to remove the screw on the far side.

Greg

Quick Reply: how to remove accelerometers