Oil gauge not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
RobMcConnell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil gauge not working

Hi

Oil gauge not working, but the fuel side of the gauge is working.

Had an electrical drain fixed last year which was running into the chassis, it seemed to have blown the clock fuse for some reason or it may be coincidence.

Any suggestions, there seems to be oil in there although its pretty hard to read off the stick, did it when engine was hot.

Cheers
Rob

91 964 Cab
66 912 Coupe
Jersey, UK
Old 09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Rob,

I have a few thoughts. The oil pressure senders can fail but its not very often. I would verify some basics and then answer these questions. Verify all of your fuses are good and that your engine oil level is proper.

1) When you say the gauge is not working. Can you describe how? Does the gauge always stay at zero? Or does it peg when the engine starts? Does the needle move at all?

2) Does your oil light (idiot light) come on when you turn on the ignition but before starting the engine? Does the light go off after the engine starts?

3) When was the last time the oil gauge worked? Has anything been changed since then?
Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
yellowducman
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe he is referring to the oil level gauge, not the oil pressure gauge. Unfortunately, I cannot be any help. Sorry.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:32 PM
RobMcConnell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

Yes exactly right, its the oil level, sorry for not stating. I think its ok as I have just been out for for a drive and it is just registering low. I have not driven it for two years so thought it was not working, will top up slowly tomorrow.

Cheers
Rob

Quick Reply: Oil gauge not working