Sponsored by:

Stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:07 PM
f468357
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo install

I thought I would share some parts of my stereo install that I completed this week. I installed a Alpine CDA-9883 CD Receiver, Infinity Reference 5010cs (frnt) and 6412cfp (rear), and a JVC CS-BB2 Compact Powered Subwoofer. I have read information on here about the head unit and speakers so I won’t comment. I will post a picture of the sub install if anybody is interested. It fits under the seat and you only have to move two control modules and one relay. Not to bad. The sound is not impressive for a sub but it does add bottom end that the 5 1/4’s can’t. Worth the $150 in my opinion with the space considerations that this car has. Also I wanted to keep my back seat functional. So placing a lager sub on the floor in front of rear seat wasn’t an option. Keep in mind that I don’t have an external amp on my speakers.
Attached Images   
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

I've seen those and often wondered about them. On Crutchfield the reviews are pretty mixed but it looks like the take away is that they are better than no sub, but don't compare to "real" subs.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WyY9R6A...i=105CSBB2#Tab

They look like a good compromise, in my opinion.

What seats do you have? 8 way electronic controls?

Your car is left hand drive and you installed it on the right hand side, no? Did you only install one unit or two? If only one, did you see if it would fit under the driver's (left) side?

Thanks for the pics!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:13 PM
ddubois
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same sub and have been happy with it. I installed mine under the driver seat though, rotated 90 degrees from how you installed yours, and did not have to move anything around to get it to fit entirely under the seat. I held it down with a web strap.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:45 PM
f468357
Advanced

You are correct my car is LH drive and the sub is under the passenger seat. As far as the seats they have manual fore and aft adjustment. I am not sure if that makes them 8 way electronic controls. I installed under passenger seat because of the location of the old amp. Sounds like I could install another one under the drivers side..............
Old 08-27-2007, 06:13 PM
ormy
Advanced

Thanks for the post & pics - that's a really good solution IMHO. I've got a cabriolet so the options for a sub are quite limited - that is until I saw your post I've binned the OEM amp under the seat so I've now got an ideal place for a sub

Quick Reply: Stereo install