Sponsored by:

CCU fan

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM
f468357
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCU fan

To start with I have searched the threads but still need some assistance. Last night I replaced my last non working servo motor (drivers side air temp mixing). All went well but now it seems the fan in the CCU won’t stop running after I shut off the key. If I disconnect the battery it will be fine until the next power up. I have read on here that the fan can continue to run after the key is off. Mine never did this prior to replacing the servo. Is this true and if so for how long? I have let mine run for 10 minutes and it didn’t stop. I understand the function of the fan is to flow air to the CCU. What really is the down side of me unplugging the wires to the fan if mine is continuing to run? Thanks.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:53 PM
DarrylH
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it's true. 20 minutes, give or take. The CCU stays powered to monitor the rear blower tube temps and a side effect of that is that the little fan behind the CCU stays on.

Check it after a half hour or so.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
1990-964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
Do not worry about it too much. The fan will indeed continue to run for what seems like far too long. You can pull out the CCU and unplug the fan, I have tried this and there does not seem to be much difference. This was not just something that I thought of out of the blue to do but was suggested while I was having my car serviced at a local shop.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: CCU fan