Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Valvoline VR1 & first oil change (not typical... 3.6 conversion)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007 | 03:55 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Default Question about Valvoline VR1 & first oil change (not typical... 3.6 conversion)

I just wanted to see if anyone out there is currently running Valvoline VR1 20-50 in their 964. I recently bought an 87 Carrera that has a 3.6 transplant. To make a long story short I have no way to get information from the previous owner (who had the conversion done). I did some searching in the archives and found several 3.2, and 3.0 cars that were using the VR1 with good results, but I didn’t see anyone with a 3.6. I know the engines are similar, but I just wanted to ask. I have been using the VR1 in my 944 turbo for a short while, and I have been happy, but the engine for that car is worth about 1/3 of a decent 911 engine. I assume most of you are using gold top mobil 1.

Also, I really don’t know what oil tank the car has... The dipstick has a 930 part number, so I assume that it is the same as my old SC. I figured I would put 9.5 quarts in, let it warm up, and see where I am. Any suggestions.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Question about Valvoline VR1 & first oil change (not typical... 3.6 conversion)