Sponsored by:

Car Wash in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Sprong
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wash in London, UK

Slightly OT perhaps, but could anyone recommend a jet wash (i.e. high pressure DIY wash) in London, preferably close to the Docklands?

I'm new to London and have not been able to find a wash at all, called a few BP stations that I heard would have jet washes, but they had either been taken out of service or had been replaced by machines. The "hand wash" places Ive went by refuse to only pressure wash, no dirty sponges on my paint thank you very much

Thanks for your input!

Joe
Old 08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What about buying your own jet wash? I bought one from Halfords a couple of years for about £50. Of course, you need to have access to a hose pipe & power...

Don't know of a specific garage with a jet wash though... sorry!

Andy in Blackheath
Old 08-14-2007, 12:30 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Hiya, welcome to the board. I've always found jetwashes really rubbish for any type of cleaning - I use the one over the road from me (in SE London I'm afraid) just for giving the car a rinse after I've hand-washed it. Then I wax by hand. Hand is the only way for a great clean IMO.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Sprong
4th Gear

Thanks for your input guys! I only hand wash cars, but I do not have access to either water or power where the car is parked. So would use a high pressure DIY wash to get the worst dirt off, then continue with a bucket & sponge that I would bring.

Kusee, is your wash place part of a chain? Maybe I could do a search to see if there is anything close to me?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sprong
Thanks for your input guys! I only hand wash cars, but I do not have access to either water or power where the car is parked. So would use a high pressure DIY wash to get the worst dirt off, then continue with a bucket & sponge that I would bring.

Kusee, is your wash place part of a chain? Maybe I could do a search to see if there is anything close to me?
It's attached to the 'Total' garage opposite me. I'd guess that they're pretty common-place so give it a search. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Car Wash in London, UK