Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going for a 2700 km drive in 2 days....some issues..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 AM
nazara
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going for a 2700 km drive in 2 days....some issues..

Hi all,
92 C2, Tip.....216000 km

I am going to return home after vacation...the trip is 2700 km. The car was fantastic on the way up, driving through Germany was a blast...
Now I am getting ready to drive back, but there are some issues that concern me.
1. When the car is warmed up after a drive, if I turn off the car for a few min. and then start up again, the car has idle problems and stalls (Avoid this by keeping the left foot on the brake while keeping the rev up as I switch into drive)

2. When driving into dips, the car from time to time looses power for a few seconds (No response to the accelator)

3. I have had the car for 9 months now (driven it for 15000 km) and since I got it when ever I start up the check engine light comes on. The previous owner told me just to turn this off, and if it comes on when I am driving then I have to pay attention to it?!?!?! My instruction book is in German so I cant use that for anything except looking at the pictures since I dont speak german

Should I take the trip with the car? Is it anything I should do before the trip? (My mechanic is at my destination, and I have already booked a time to have the car serviced when I get home)

Sorry if some of my questions are abit amature. I just dont have a technical mind I guess.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 AM
barney55
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Go for it

Just take out a good breakdown insurance,if the car breaks they deliver you and the car to your mechanic.

If not then you have a great 2700 km drive.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

The check engine light is probably a bad sensor detected by the DME. You may be in safe mode (limp home mode). I don't think you will harm anything. I once drove 400 miles in limp-home mode. I made it safely home, but the trip was not much fun, and the engine was quite sluggish. I would get it fixed before a long trip. If there was no way to do that, I would drive home at reduced speed.

Quick Reply: Going for a 2700 km drive in 2 days....some issues..