Sponsored by:

1990 Porsche C2 - Rare Opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:55 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1990 Porsche C2 - Rare Opportunity

Thank you for looking. For sale here is my 1990 Porsche C2. The car has 122,500 miles on the body. The engine and trans have 92,000 miles on them. The following is a recap of all the recent work done on this car which make her a great potential purchase for someone who wants a modern 911 but doesn't have 24+k to spend.

Here is what has been done:

Engine was taken down to longblock. All seals were replaced (the case was not split) including the front and rear crankshaft seals, the valve cover seals, breather hose, crankcase breather gasket, powersteering seals, chain housing cover seals, all intake system seals, exhaust gaskets, and every other seal that didn't require the complete disassembly of the engine to replace.

All oil lines for the engine were replaced. This includes the main line and the shorter line which run to the oil tank. The two short lines to the oil tank were replaced also. The only lines not replaced where those going from the oil tank to the front oil cooler as these were deemed still functional.

All the engine tins were blasted and powdercoated flat black as was the fan. All engine tin hardware was replaced with stainless steel hardware. The valve covers were powdercoated also. The exhaust system was ceramic coated and the exhaust studs were replaced with the aircraft quality stud kit sold here on Pelican. No more hassle for the future owner should he want to change the exhaust! While the engine was in longblock form, the exhaust ports where cleaned out of any carbon deposits.

The remaining exhaust system was power washed so that any built up oil or dirt would be removed. The exhaust system includes a cat (which has been wrapped with hi-temp header wrap to keep heat away from the engine) a primary muffler by pass and the secondary muffler. It sounds sporty but not loud.

While the engine was out of the car, the engine bay was cleaned, all filters were changed and the engine sound pad was replaced. In addition, the powersteering belt was replaced with a brand new belt and as mentioned, the seals around the powersteering system were replaced.

The transmission seals were also replaced as was the complete clutch assembly. The car has an RS clutch and a B&M short shift kit. The flywheel pilot bearing was replaced and all parts inspected and anything not in perfect condition was replaced. The car shifts well and the new owner should have no reason to replace the clutch for at least 50,000 miles unless abused this clutch will last.

The CV's were inspected and where warn, replaced. One complete axel was replaced to insure reliability. The car has the RS suspension which includes RS ride height via H&R springs and Bilsteins. The brake system has all been replaced within the last 10,000 miles to include the larger 4 piston rear calipers, cross drilled rotors and all new lines at each corner.

The AC has been fully serviced and charged. The car still uses R12 but a conversion kit to R134 plus an extra two years worth of R12 will be included with purchase. The new owner can then decide when to switch over or run R12 for a few years. All belts were replaced also.

The car has had recent paintwork due to a minor accident. This included the addition of aero mirrors, replacement of external seals, installaton of RS brake ducts (painted to match the car) and addressing all dings and paint chips. Everything just short of a complete respray was done. The car looks great for being nearly 20 years old.

The car has Cup 1 wheels which have been painted black and which have new tires. For those that may not like that look, I have a set of new Cup 1's in stock silver. These are going on the market seperate from this sale, but if the car is sold soon enough I can swap out the black rims.

The shifter was replaced as mentioned with a B&M unit and while the shifter system was apart the shift tube was lubed and the seals on either end were replaced. This greatly improves shift feel.

A complete tune up was performed, all fluids replaced and the car was inspected and any little things were addressed. This car is in outstanding condition. It runs very well, pulls very hard and will make a great Porsche for the first time buyer who needs something that has had the expensive maintence work done OR the current Porsche owner who wants a great 964.

Pics will be provided to serious parties. 23k.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you need to pay up to sell a car
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

I have paid my membership dues...
Old 08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

For clarification - I am a member of this forum in good standing and with dues paid through current.

Thanks,
Old 08-12-2007, 10:39 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow! What makes you want to sell it? You have fixed everything, and and are set for years of enjoyment.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

I have three porsches and one unhappy wife...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

If the wife is not happy, then nobody is happy. Sell it quick!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 AM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by springer3
If the wife is not happy, then nobody is happy. Sell it quick!
WTF! Get rid of the wife, man!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:05 AM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...17#post3423917

Pics are available via the link above.

As for the wife, I think I will keep her but I appreciate the sentiments.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjshira
I have three porsches and one unhappy wife...
Ouch. That's as good a reason as any.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

still available
Old 08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
mjshira
Rennlist Member

interior and better exterior shots added, follow pelican link

Quick Reply: 1990 Porsche C2 - Rare Opportunity