Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody installed Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007 | 10:56 AM
f468357
Advanced

Default Has anybody installed Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 speakers?

I am looking to install a set of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 compopnents. Has anybody installed them or do you know if they will fit? I will have to pull the door to measure before I order if nobodys knows (which I am not looking forward to doing just to measure). They are 2 5/8" deep. Is depth a problem? I would guess not due to the window not rolling down in that area but I really don't know. Any input is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2007 | 11:45 AM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

I think thats what I recently had installed- they fit and sound ok (money considered).
Old 08-09-2007 | 01:15 PM
f468357
Advanced

Is there any way you could confirm if they were the Perfect 6.1's? Also any pictures of the installed spekers? Did the stock grills work? Woofer and tweeter?
Old 08-09-2007 | 03:54 PM
rotorheadcase
Pro

I have installed Perfect 6.1's and they fitted fine but not with the stock grille. I had to use the supplied speaker surround plate and grille. The tweeter I was able to conceal behind the factory tweeter grille by making a small aluminium bracket to support the rear of the tweeter and cutting away a little of the plastic membrane on the door to alllow the tweeter to set a little more recessed in the door.

Don't have a picture as the car is in Australia...and unfortunately I'm not!!

I'll have a look on my notebook computer and see if I have one on there...

Neil
Old 08-11-2007 | 11:22 PM
f468357
Advanced

Neil - If I could ask your opinion how do they look? Does the Infinity grill blend with the stock tweeter grill? How do they sound? Would the Perfect 5.1's fit under the stock grill? Do you think the perfect 5.1's would sound better than the reference 6 1/2"? I have been told they will fit under the stock grill (Infinity Reference 6010cs). I am concerned a lot with low end due to no place for a sub. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007 | 04:00 PM
rotorheadcase
Pro

They look OEM under the stock grill and you can't tell from looking that they're not the stock tweeter. The main speakers look fine to my eye but definitely do not look stock as they use the Infinity aftermarket surround and grill. If you're looking for a "stealth" installation then maybe the 5.1s would be better but you would have a smaller surface area of speaker trying to deliver the same SPL as the 6.5 speakers.

How do they sound? Again to my ear pretty good. I'm a musician and pretty fussy about my audio gear. BUT!! I wanted a straightforward good sounding out of the box solution without the need for subs extra amps and heavy duty cabling etc. I'm trying to strip weight off the car so in this case I'm prepared to compromise. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go for MB Quart 6.5 in speakers instead. A bit more expensive but worth it. I think. i'm still looking for pics to post for you.

Neil
Old 08-13-2007 | 05:08 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Ive put Alpine speakers in mine dont know the exact part no, i dont think your goin to get any big bass from that sort of speaker set up, there just to small.
You need sum kind of sub, ive got an Alpine sub thats under the passenger seat and it works well.
I allso used the original tweeter cover and the new main speaker cover.
Old 08-13-2007 | 05:42 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rotorheadcase
They look OEM under the stock grill and you can't tell from looking that they're not the stock tweeter. The main speakers look fine to my eye but definitely do not look stock as they use the Infinity aftermarket surround and grill. If you're looking for a "stealth" installation then maybe the 5.1s would be better but you would have a smaller surface area of speaker trying to deliver the same SPL as the 6.5 speakers.

How do they sound? Again to my ear pretty good. I'm a musician and pretty fussy about my audio gear. BUT!! I wanted a straightforward good sounding out of the box solution without the need for subs extra amps and heavy duty cabling etc. I'm trying to strip weight off the car so in this case I'm prepared to compromise. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go for MB Quart 6.5 in speakers instead. A bit more expensive but worth it. I think. i'm still looking for pics to post for you.

Neil
Pretty much sums it up for me too. I'm an audiophile at home but on the road its all about the flat-six symphony.

And sorry I'm in Nassau and the car in Atl so no pic to offer but it looks pretty stock and the sound is good value for money. In truth the OEM system in my wife's Subaru sounds better. I spent more three times on the 993 (Focal, amps, Infinity powered sub) and there the sound is much better still but its diminishing returns.

I wanted to keep weight and fuss down and just wanted something for the occassional I85 traffic jam. I also could not stand the psychedelic h/u the po had in the car- lights flashing all the time that could not be defaulted.

Quick Reply: Has anybody installed Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 speakers?