Rear bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:04 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Rear bumper removal

Guys,

Any links to a thread on the rear bumpber removal? or tips I'm trying to do my twin outlet but am having difficulty with the previous owner breaking allen keys in bolts, and then not being able to find all the screws and that..........so I can't get the damn thing off.

Oh, tried the search function in ie and firefox, but it appears to be broken???

Cheers.

Kevin
Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Group911@aol.com
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 screws- 8mm- on each side where the bumper meets the quarter panels. 2 bolts- 10mm- each side in the same area on the brackets that go from the inner wheel housings to the bumper. Pull your exhaust tip on the right side and it will reveal the right side main mount bolt that uses a 10mm allen head. Left side is visible without pulling anything.
Pull your license lites and remove the wires from the back. Pull the entire assembly away from the body while dealing with the wiring loom for the license lite.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok sounds simple, apart from what you've said I just see a lot of rivets and some alluminium heat resistant material when I look underneath bolted on by what looks like 5/6 6mm bolts......

Ok, all done and off, I had thought I could remove the plastic from teh alluminium crash bar easier, but it appears not........I really only wanted to remove the LHS 1/4...

Ho hum onwards we go, the Dansk I bought isn't loud......and the LHS doesn't let through as much exhaust as the RHS, anyone else got one of these??

kevin

Last edited by warmfuzzies; 07-28-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper removal