Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help - PPI in Annapolis, Maryland

Anyone know of a good shop?

I'm looking to get a PPI done in Annapolis, Maryland on a 90' C2
Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Flagg
Racer

Tif's car repair in Annapolis has a great rep. When you drive by their lot, there are always Porsches outside. I know people that have had their car there and always been happy.

I bought my car new from Tischer Porsche in Silver Spring. I have still be taking it there for service - because I have always been treated so well. My services are far apart - so why I am sure everyone on this page will rag on me about paying dealer prices........the free car renal, and good service has made it worth while. Also - the same mechanic has done ever service on my car since new. If you go there - talk to Tom Vahle (service manager), and say that you want Rich to be your mechanic.

I have also done some preformance work on my car and been very happy with Turbo Preformance center in Jessup. They are a great shop - but I do not know if they do PPI?

Flagg
Old 07-24-2007, 11:15 AM
MikeB 81SC
Instructor

Default OK to use same garage

The car has had the majority of its work done at Tif's.

However, that was when it was owned by its prior owners (long term history with the car right up until 12 months ago).

If it is a reputable shop, how high is the risk that they will not do an honest PPI on the car?

In some ways their familiarity with the car might help them notice a change to its condition.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
JJJMCD
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Annapolis isn't exactly rich in Porsche resources - you need to go to Northern VA (approx. 1 hour away) to find a lot of qualified Porsche shops. Although they focus more on racecars, you may want to try: GT Performance Inc., 2113 Columbia Park Road, Edgewood, Maryland 21040, 410-538-3400

http://www.gtperformanceinc.com/
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can trust Tif, he's a straight shooter.

He did a PPI for me a few years ago. After looking at the car for a few minutes, he said he knew the previous owner from years ago. Turns out he did the initial maintenance to the car.

If you want a 3rd party check out

Ralph's Auto Service
(410) 526-2500

in Owings Mills

Quick Reply: Need help - PPI in Annapolis, Maryland