Sponsored by:

Spoiler staying in up position

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Lew964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoiler staying in up position

I have read many of the previous posts regarding this topic but just wanted some advice as to what could have failed with mine.
The Spoiler raises fine automatically at 50 mph and manually using the switch.
But the spoiler will not go down when stopped or by using the switch. It's a 1990 model with the controller under the seat which i have taken apart to see if the relays are operating. The raising relay is fine but the lowering relay does nothing. If i manually push the relay in the spolier lowers fine.
Any help much appreciated as i may have to purchase a new controller as i have no experience with electronics. Anyone now the best place to purchase a new controller from ?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM
jgrosjean
Rennlist Member

I bought a used controller (the microprocessor version) and tested it. It would only put the spoiler up. Since I said I didn't care if it worked or not, I could not complain. I got it from Oaklahoma Foreign. There have also been several posts about changing it to manual operation. I changed mine so it goes up and stays up until the engine is turned off, but it is the old model with discrete parts.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Lew964
Advanced

OK, i've had an electronic guy look at it today and found a relay not working. He fixed this and the spoiler now operates as follows;
Up and down on manual control is perfect.
At 50 mph is raises fine.
Will not automatically return when i stop meaning i have to use the manual control to put it back down.

Any suggestions of what could be wrong would be appreciated.
I've seen a control unit for sale locally which is the later version Part No. 618.212.00 but mine is 618.112.00. Would this later version be suitable as a replacement ?

Quick Reply: Spoiler staying in up position