Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G pipe + cup = THE RESULTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:37 PM
911addict
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may be different for you guys, but for my 965, no cat & no muffler (we only have one muffleer) is the best combo for power and torque. This has been confirmed by many 964 turbo owners. Noise is subjective, but most of us love the straight-through :-)
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
SimonExtreme
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911addict
It may be different for you guys, but for my 965, no cat & no muffler (we only have one muffleer) is the best combo for power and torque. This has been confirmed by many 964 turbo owners. Noise is subjective, but most of us love the straight-through :-)
2 different games, turbo and N/A.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Jeff and I have done extensive dyno work there is absolutely no loss of power with Primary and secondary bypasses only INCREASES with stock headers. If you replace the cat with the europremuffler you will gain MORE POWER. These Engines need very little back pressure

Bob
Bob, I assume the "power" in "MORE POWER" to mean HP, or were you referring to both HP and torque? Also, are you referring to peak numbers or across the entire rev range? My understanding has been that YES, you would see an increase in *peak* HP and torque while running a completely open exhaust. However, those increases would be realized primarily in the upper rev ranges and that low-end performance may actually decrease. As mentioned above by Wes, this would obviously be no issue for a race car as they are almost never plodding along below 3K RPMs. However, it may be noticable in a road car. I am open to evidence to the contrary, but your reply wasn't quite clear enough.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Devils_son
Instructor

Originally Posted by sshenton1975

What is the RS pipe?
A bit like a G-pipe, but then longer. Cargraphic sells them and they have a picture on their website.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:35 AM
IanR
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris M.
The 964 Cups have no cat, no primary, and no secondary. I doubt Porsche would have done this if it made the engine lose power.
As I understand it, the Porsche Motorsport cat bypass as used on the cup cars did have some baffling inside, just to provide back pressure. Most aftermarket ones don't, but for example the Dansk one does have something inside.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Geoffrey Ring of Racetek has all the dyno runs and could look up that info for you. I don't believe you lose torque until you substitute a straight pipe for a euro premuffler with all other by passes, and then it results in +3 RWHP and -3rwtg peak #'s 964 m64-01 engine
bob

Originally Posted by rroobbcc
Bob, I assume the "power" in "MORE POWER" to mean HP, or were you referring to both HP and torque? Also, are you referring to peak numbers or across the entire rev range? My understanding has been that YES, you would see an increase in *peak* HP and torque while running a completely open exhaust. However, those increases would be realized primarily in the upper rev ranges and that low-end performance may actually decrease. As mentioned above by Wes, this would obviously be no issue for a race car as they are almost never plodding along below 3K RPMs. However, it may be noticable in a road car. I am open to evidence to the contrary, but your reply wasn't quite clear enough.

Quick Reply: G pipe + cup = THE RESULTS!!