Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can i find a cat bypass pipe??

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did back to back cat delete power tests and found very little cat removed bhp !

That was quite a few years ago so it could be that the cats being removed now are getting a bit exhaust flow limited !

The O2 should be in the cat bypass unless the DME is re-coded for non cat operation - not good !

Geoff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KS400200 , the oldest 964 on Rennlist , unless you know differently !
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

I remember something about the Fabspeed catbypass not fitting well . . . or was it one of their other set-ups . . .?

Has anyone recently bought the Fabspeed catbypass and put it on, and were there fitment issues?

I need to know before making the leap to one . . .
Old 05-25-2007, 01:10 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The MSRP for the official Porsche cat bypass (part no #964-111-042-05) for the 964 is $537.82USD. IF it is still available I'm sure you could probably find a dealer or two located in the USA that might sell them for under $300USD. Obviously there would be no fitment issues.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:37 PM
PorscheZen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lew964
Installed my Cat by-pass last night and then took for a quick spin. From what i had read in the past i really wasn't expecting any noticeable increase in power, but on mine it definately has. At about 4500 rpm it really kicks in and seems to rev more freely to the red line. The noise, well it's a little louder, i have the secondary bypass aswell, it growls at low revs which doesn't attract unwanted attention then howls at you when booting it. A very combination and i wouldn't want it any louder.

The Oxygen sensor was a pig to remove and i ended up cutting it out of the cat.

Looking forward to the drive home from work now, bet the other 100 or so employees at my workplace can't say that !!!
Just installed mine too. Ditto on all main points. However, I was noticing micro-hesitations during acceleration on a cold(er) engine, so I did a DME re-set (unplug Battery, wait 20 minutes, then go for a 'spirited' drive) and alls fine now, EXCEPT, I have this annoying resonating rattle coming from my Secondary muffler around 2000rpm - to which Im going to go after tonight
Old 06-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Vinobien
Track Day

I had the air inspection test yesterday after installing my cat pipe .. straight thru pipe with a fitting for o2 the sensor. Passed with no problem. I get my M&K muffler on Monday. I can't wait. I did not notice any appreciable hp change.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:54 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinobien
I had the air inspection test yesterday after installing my cat pipe .. straight thru pipe with a fitting for o2 the sensor. Passed with no problem.
Ain't it great living in Texas?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 AM
CraigC
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In Midland we dont even have the sniffer test. I noticed a HP increase with my Fabspeed, car seems to rev quicker and has a deeper tone. I like it!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:23 PM
MDH
Intermediate

I installed a Fabspeed cat bypass last month and found the fit to be just fine. The whole job took 20 minutes. Bysides all of the other reasons mentioned, I like getting rid of a big source of heat behind by left rear wheel. Obviously, the bypass pipe runs a lot cooler than the cat. The sound is terrific. Not much louder, but a little deeper.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Vinobien
Track Day

Originally Posted by TR6
Ain't it great living in Texas?

No doubt awesome living in TX, except for all the recent rain which looks to be leaving us temporarily this week. Installed the M&K 1 in / 1 out to the catpipe. Wow ... what a sound. No resonating. Low deep rumble until you get on the throttle.

Question : Are there any Dallas / Fort Worth meets coming up?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vinobien
Question : Are there any Dallas / Fort Worth meets coming up?
There's always something going on with the Maverick Region club. See the calendar here. Come out and join the fun!

Quick Reply: Where can i find a cat bypass pipe??