Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick release steering wheel hubs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007 | 05:46 PM
Southampton76
Racer

Default Quick release steering wheel hubs

Does anyone use one on their daily driver?

I was curious because this certainly aids getting in and out for us tall guys with fixed back seats.

My new wheel as the horn buttons built in so that is not a problem with a quick release plug on the back. I would think this makes a great anti theft device as well.

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-20-2007 | 04:57 AM
Lew964
Advanced

I've got one but rarely ever use it except if i feel i've parked in a dodgey area when i take it off an hide it in the boot. Never thought of having to take it off to assist in getting in and out.
Thinking about it, what is the currect name for the storage compartment in the front, is it under the bonnet ?
Old 04-20-2007 | 06:38 AM
RSGulp
Racer

Originally Posted by Lew964
what is the currect name for the storage compartment in the front, is it under the bonnet ?
UK = Bonnet or Front Compartment
US = Hood or Front Stowage Area

...I think
Old 04-20-2007 | 08:35 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

The previous owner had this one on my car when I bought it for the same reason as you.

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...e+Steering+Hub

I did not need it so put the stock air bag wheel back on but I put this release on my race car. It is very well made and a quality item. I recommend using the air bag wheel also for the street.

Last edited by Steven C.; 04-20-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2007 | 09:04 AM
J.PELLEGRINO
Addict
Rennlist Member

We have install many, but mostly the factory motorsport part and almost always on track cars with roll cages and high bolster race seats..I would be loathe to install one in a street car and delete the air bag function....while a nice convenience a removable steering wheel will not protect the driver from bone head drivers...or worse, themselves....
Good luck, Jerry

Quick Reply: Quick release steering wheel hubs