993 Centre Console Courtesy Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Centre Console Courtesy Lights

Hi,

I hope you guys don't mind me posting?what I ask is essentially a 993 "upgrade". I say "upgrade" as you may laugh at the request.....!!

I'm fitting the one piece lower dash to my 90 964 (which had the simpler RS style lower panels) as I think it's neater and it hides all the wiring a bit better. Anyway........I have noticed that the later 993's have extra courtesy lights installed either side of the central tunnel a foot or so forward of the switch banks. I would like to install these while I have the console out of the car and was wondering if anyone knows what is involved to get the working?

I would like them to obviously work as the factory lights do. Can the factory fit ones be set to come on when the door is opened along the one above the door and be switched off completely when the door lights are switched "hard off" or vice-versa?

I would be most gratelul if someone could explain what wiring needs to be done to achieve this. I think in essense it may be quite simple but I don't want to set the car alight trying without some advice....

Cheers,

Gary
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Megatron-UK
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Gary, is the later curved lower dash (which is what I presume you are fitting) available to fit the rhd 964? I was under the impression it was lhd only?

I'd be interested to see your progress on this as the short, flat bottomed dash is one of the only things I don't like about my 964 turbo!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Megatron,

yes the curved dash is available for the rhd cars. I actually have two lowers. One which I am using(with stitched leather) and another with non leather and in a dark blue. The dash fits with a few minor modifications. Basically drilling out a few spot welds for a bracket used to hold the original ashtray and the fitting of a few support brackets.

If you are interested in the spare dash I have then just let me know. It's complete with glove box and ashtray.

Cheers,

Gary
Old 06-15-2011, 03:55 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you share us the mods. Everything worked well?

Quick Reply: 993 Centre Console Courtesy Lights