Sponsored by:

Battery drain SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
MassGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery drain SOLVED!!!

Ok its been 3 months since I have owned my car and I have overcome a couple of minor issues but this was a biggie!

My dam battery would drain overnight DEAD. I searched and posted and read everything I could.

I charge the battery back up (new optima) again.......

Well the other day I was trying to trace this dam drain. I went and bought a volt meter. I never used one so this was going to be a new experience. So I open the hood and began to use it on the battery to check for a current draw.

I look up at the hood light remembering that this has been a big draiin problem. I decided to take a quick look to see if it is stuck, nope. Oh well. I then look down at the r shaped metal that switch pushes into and low and behold its bent down. Hmmmm....I bend it up. I look at the hood and follow it down. Yes the lights shutting off. I say ok lets see what happens overnight.

I go back out the following morning. She fires up NICE.

5 days later and the battery is ALIVE. I feel fortunate that the problem was this easy to fix....I also feel fortunate I noticed this before I started pulling fuses and ripping my hair out. This could have been a nightmare.

I am a happy camper. Now I have to deal with the DAM oil leak I thought would be solved with a new oil cap. No luck......

BTW I LOVE THIS FORUM

Last edited by MassGuy; 03-31-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you fixed this nagging problem. Seems like every time there is a battery drain problem it's a different fix each time.

Quick Reply: Battery drain SOLVED!!!